Skyscanner sold to China travel firm Ctrip

ExpatOilWorker

I always use a variety of sites, and in the end, book with the airlines direct.  Rarely do I pay much more and I've got the safety of booking direct.  I've been stung in the past with aggregators.

I've tried to put the ones I can think of here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/527870-airline-information-and-flight-deals-for-expats/?page=1

If you know of any more, let me know!

If they would favoring chinese carrier mean they would not show other carrier... and therefore this meta engine soon would be worth nothing. So I not think they will do that...

I anyway almost never choose the cheapes prices there.. because I not trust every online sales travel agency... because there are too many horror stories. I pay rather 20 CHF more and can pay with a site I know and trust. (mostly the carrier website directly).

I use the skyscanner all the time to find, which carrier are affordable and have good connections.

I don't like the fact that skyscanner has been bought by ctrip, but even before this, Chinese carriers were the cheapest on many routes (both to the US as well as Europe). They are cheap for a reason, though. Almost ended up on China Eastern for my XMas flight as they offer 2 x 23 KG of free checked in luggage in Y-class (now THAT makes up for a large amount of sliced cheeses, gingerbread and wine gums), until I found an inexpensive flight on a one-world-carrier which gives me 30 + 23 Kg thanks to my status