extend 30 day visa bkk. if i do first day i get 60?

I think I extended my free 30 day visa In Bangkok last year , right when I arrived for the first 30 days. and for the fee they gave me another month. in essence turning my free 30 day visa into a 60 day visa. is this policy still valid? in 2017 ..........also , do  I have to go to that office on the edge of bangkok like I did last year.. it wastes a whole day..........current fee?

You can extend your 30 day visa exempt entry for 30 days at any immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht. Most offices will not do it until you have about a week left on your entry.

If you are in Bangkok you have to use Chaeng Wattana immigration which I assume is where you did it before.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, yogavnture said:

so I assume if I go to Bangkok office even the first week I'm here. I will get the added thirty days. they did last year.........hassle getting their though

You can try to get the extension that early if you want to.

• Like 1

I could also try in krabi. but my experience is that closer to Bangkok the easier time of it. lets say for instance that in Thailand only a week and try in krabi to get the month extension .  the info i have is that they wont do extension until a week before expiration.  I know in bkk that they will do the extension even if u just arrived in kingdom ...........not sure about krabi.  I think i read they wont do it till the last week of your one month

On 12/10/2016 at 8:44 PM, yogavnture said:

I could also try in krabi. but my experience is that closer to Bangkok the easier time of it. lets say for instance that in Thailand only a week and try in krabi to get the month extension .  the info i have is that they wont do extension until a week before expiration.  I know in bkk that they will do the extension even if u just arrived in kingdom ...........not sure about krabi.  I think i read they wont do it till the last week of your one month

so you have extended at various locations.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:17 PM, steve187 said:

so you have extended at various locations.

I have been to different offices. but have not extended at krabi office. it seems with tourist numbers down that the govt will be lenient if one has good standing . and I really wonder if they keep computer tabs on all of us and our standing.?  for instance u know that back of form u fill out when entering kingdom and they ask how much money u make per year. I wonder if they keep tabs on that. wanting the high earners.?   their was talk here that if u want to extend immediately that one must do that in bkk.  but then another post here says krabi would be easy to extend. the bottom line is that i want to extend it immediately. and doing in krabi if one is thier. would be much easier than in bkk..................is it true samui office closed?

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

A TM7 form is used to apply for all extensions. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

A TM8 is used to apply for a re-entry permit.

thanks, I'm sure this form is readily avail. at any thai immigration office as well. I guess u just posted this because of ease to do before going to office

Edited by yogavnture
addditioon