Aussie Embassy Visits Chiang Mai on 9 December

Lizard2010

Courtesy of The Chiang Mai Expats Club Newsletter

Aussie passport 2

The Consular Section of the Australian Embassy in Bangkok will be undertaking a Consular outreach visit in Chiang Mai as follows:

Friday 9 December 2016 (VIP Lounge of Le Méridien), between 9.00am to 12.00pm and 1.00pm to 3.00pm at;

Le Méridien Chiang Mai
108 Chang Klan Road
Tambol Chang Klan, Amphur Muang
Chiang Mai 50100 Thailand
Tel 053 253 666 Parking is available under the hotel.

During the outreach visits, they will provide the following services:

• Passport applications (please ensure you bring all original documents and a photocopy of each document with you)
• Notarial services
• Statutory declarations for marriage, retirement visas and driving licence renewals
• Witnessing documents
• Certified true copies of documents (please ensure you bring the original and a photocopy of each document with you)

As fees are payable in cash only, please bring the right change with you. Please contact the Consular section on 023 446 300 or email [email protected] prior to your visit if you require further details and/or to confirm fees payable.

Can you give it a rest......

There are nearly 800 districts in Thailand.  Shoudl the embassy visit all.  Should the embassy make house calls next to everyone regardless of them living by choice in Nakhon Nowhere.  That is a good use of tax payer dollars for sure.

Chiang Mai has sufficient and continuing demand to make embassy visits worhwhile.  

I think my last required visit to the nearest capital in Australia was a trip of over 3500km (one way).  Bangkok once a year is not that onerous, though I accept and am thankful that locally (due to numbers) CM is better served now. 

Why not concentrate your efforts constructively in the TV forum relevant to your district and establish that there is sufficient demand and then present that to the Embassy.

5 hours ago, mamborobert said:

Can you give it a rest......

There are nearly 800 districts in Thailand.  Shoudl the embassy visit all.  Should the embassy make house calls next to everyone regardless of them living by choice in Nakhon Nowhere.  That is a good use of tax payer dollars for sure.

Chiang Mai has sufficient and continuing demand to make embassy visits worhwhile.  

I think my last required visit to the nearest capital in Australia was a trip of over 3500km (one way).  Bangkok once a year is not that onerous, though I accept and am thankful that locally (due to numbers) CM is better served now. 

Why not concentrate your efforts constructively in the TV forum relevant to your district and establish that there is sufficient demand and then present that to the Embassy.

They also service all of area North and to a little south of Chiang Mai

We have a lot of people who live in Northern Thailand

it costs more to go to Bangkok than it costs you

Archived