Motorcyclist crashes into barriers closing Phuket road, dies at the scene

webfact

Motorcyclist crashes into barriers closing Phuket road, dies at the scene

Eakkapop Thongtub

1480046264_1-org.jpg

Lt Col Buttadasak said that according to local residents, Mr Saran was heading towards the airport on his motorbike at high speed when he slammed into the barriers. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 25-year-old man was killed last night (Nov 24) when he crashed his motorbike into concrete barriers blocking part of the airport runway road which is currently closed as works are being carried out to prevent landslides.

Vice Governor Khajornkiet Rakpanichmanee announced on Sept 7 that the road – Route 4031, which runs parallel to the runway at Phuket International Airport – will remain closed to traffic until long-term measures to prevent the landslides have been completed. 

Tha Chathcai Police Lt Col Buttadasak Sriles was notified at 8:45pm last night that there has been an accident on the airport runway road. He was told that a motorist had died after he crashed his motorbike into concrete road barriers.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/motorcyclist-crashes-into-barriers-closing-phuket-road-dies-at-the-scene-60000.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-25

That just confirms exactly what is wrong with mostly Thai riders absolutely no concentration on the roads.. RIP.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Agreed..

Last Saturday when I was driving at the beach front at Naiyang beach, a motorist nearly crash into my vehicle. He was riding at an unacceptable speed on this small narrow road and was swinging left and right like he own the road.. totally reckless and endangering public road user

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

They said there were lights in the area

So no lights on the barrier itself before the accident. Apparently, direct lighting was required on the barriers after the accident for police to investigate the accident. Too little  too late.

12 hours ago, luk AJ said:

I agree that warning signs are not the strongest point of road works here, but this particular road is already completely closed for months. Since the accident was with a motorcycle one might conclude he probably was a local...

From what I have seen they are bad all over LOS, Need cone, warning signs, amber lights and streets lights.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, luk AJ said:

I agree that warning signs are not the strongest point of road works here, but this particular road is already completely closed for months. Since the accident was with a motorcycle one might conclude he probably was a local...

"Mr Saran Nantabut from Phang Nga province."

On 25/11/2016 at 3:45 PM, Cuchulainn said:

A waste of life, but another moronic selfish prat off the roads.

"A waste of life, but another moronic selfish prat off the roads." - sadly, I have to agree. 

The loss of this man's life may very well have saved the lives of other innocent road users.