Arrive in Bangkok 23.40pm.

Will my visa start on the time I arrive at immigration? I will be arriving at 23.40pm on the 24th March, I will obviously be arriving at immigration after midnight so that will be the 25th, so will it start on the 25th or when the plane touched down?

I assume @elvajero is correct, but would note that this was not true years ago when I was in this situation regularly catching the last flight back from Singapore. At that time, the stamp was supposed to be based on the plane arrival time. Once, the queue was so horrendous, I was not stamped in until 00:35 am, but the stamp was still the day before with the flight number written beside the stamp.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I assume @elvajero is correct, but would note that this was not true years ago when I was in this situation regularly catching the last flight back from Singapore. At that time, the stamp was supposed to be based on the plane arrival time. Once, the queue was so horrendous, I was not stamped in until 00:35 am, but the stamp was still the day before with the flight number written beside the stamp.

That's how it works now as well

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It comes down to how soon the IO changes the dates on his stamps after midnight. 

14 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

This would be day 1, and if they stamp the 24th, I will be a 1 day overstay criminal ! :ph34r:

You don't need to worry much about a 1 day overstay. They don't charge for 1 day overstays when leaving from Bangkok.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

How did the scheduled arrival time for your last flight from Singapore compare with the 23:40 referred to in the OP?

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

I can remember standing in line for immigration just before midnight one time and all processing stopped at midnight while they changed their stamps. I was stamped in on the new day so I gained a day on my permit to stay.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

If your life depends on ONE day, get a new life!

If you come here with a 30 days once a year, I can understand that this is a legit question. I also would like to take out of my holiday as much as possible.

And to ask this question is much better than to become trouble of any sort at the end.

There are already enough people who count the 30 days wrong... I arrive on 1. January.. so I have permission till 1. February, which would result in 32 days. because first it's 30 days and not a month.. and secondly because the first and the last days count as well....

• Like 1

Correct...I did that 12 years ago..July 26 to zAugust 25...but I even accounted for the 31 day month.  I was surprised when they said I overstayed, but they would let me slide...I think that is why there is the grace period...people still don,t use calendar days (banks do).  The next time, I was aware and came in about midnight, but they stamped everyone or the date of the flight.  I think even now, they often know what flight you were on, before looking at your card.

5 hours ago, HampiK said:

There are already enough people who count the 30 days wrong... I arrive on 1. January.. so I have permission till 1. February, which would result in 32 days. because first it's 30 days and not a month.. and secondly because the first and the last days count as well....

Including you it would seem.

• If you arrive on Jan 1st you'll have permission to stay until Jan 30th. That is 30 days with Jan 1st being day 1.
  • You must leave before midnight on Jan 30th being day 30.

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Including you it would seem.

• If you arrive on Jan 1st you'll have permission to stay until Jan 30th. That is 30 days with Jan 1st being day 1.
  • You must leave before midnight on Jan 30th being day 30.

I am not wrong.. that was an example, how many people count wrong.... As you see.. I wrote, that this would count 32 days and not 30 days.....

I am not sure if you misread or my english was bad...