Alain Juppe recognises defeat by Francois Fillon in French Republican primaries

webfact

14 hours ago, nausea said:

Interesting, given Fillon's agenda.

14 hours ago, SgtRock said:

How correct you are.

The other interesting thing is how a convicted criminal was allowed to run at all and that approx 35% of voters voted for a convicted criminal.

@ SgtRock, you were responding to nausea's post which is why I've quoted them both. But are you saying that Fillon has a criminal conviction, or Juppe?

13 minutes ago, Xircal said:

@ SgtRock, you were responding to nausea's post which is why I've quoted them both. But are you saying that Fillon has a criminal conviction, or Juppe?

Juppe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1329860/France-appoints-convicted-criminal-Alain-Jupp-defence-secretary.html

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

No they were not catastrophic, they were surprising, as in the people have made it clear that they are sick and tired of being told what they can do and what not and want to have someone who works for them.

Expect a Le Pen victory in France and a Wilders victory in the Netherlands.

Let me assure you categorically that Wilders doesn't have a hope in hell of getting into power in the Netherlands. For one thing, the political system in the Netherlands differs to the "first past the post" system in the UK because no one party can rule on its own and a coalition has to be formed by the party with the largest number of votes with one or more of the other parties willing to work with it. However, all the other parties have already stated that they won't work with Wilders.

As for Le Pen, her result will be the same as that of her father Jean-Marie who has only ever attracted a couple of hundred protest votes at the most.

Europe doesn't want to return to the Nazi era and any candidate who advocates that line is going to be shown the door with the word EXIT written above it. 

7 minutes ago, Opl said:

Juppe

OK, it wasn't clear from your response who you were referring to. I know Fillon is clean as a whistle although he advocates closer ties with Russia which might raise a few eyebrows given that France is both a member of NATO and holds a UN veto: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38129375

Edited by Xircal

2 minutes ago, Xircal said:

OK, it wasn't clear from your response who you were referring to. I know Fillon is clean as a whistle although he advocates closer ties with Russia which might raise a few eyebrows given that France is both a member of NATO and of the UN: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38129375

actually it was not my post , but SgtRock's one

I just  gave the answer 

Edited by Opl

8 hours ago, Xircal said:

Juppe

Apologies. I see it has already been answered.

Edited by SgtRock

9 hours ago, Aforek said:

Can you read French ? Last sunday night, yesterday night; two polls give Fillon  winner first round  26%  Fillon , 24 % for Le Pen  for the first poll ; 32 % Fillon  22 % Le Pen for the second poll and for the  second round : 67 % for Fillon versus 33 %  Le Pen for the first poll and 71 % versus for Le Pen  29 %    my explanation : First round, everybody vote for their candidate, left side vote for left side, for the second round, left side voters will vote for Fillon because they are afraid by far right and the incompetence of FN, and of course Le Pen voters will vote again for Le Pen ( less than 30 % ) ; here is the link http://www.zinfos974.com/Sondages-Francois-Fillon-l-emporterait-devant-Marine-Le-Pen_a108258.html

Thanks for the link.

Time will tell.

10 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

No they were not catastrophic, they were surprising, as in the people have made it clear that they are sick and tired of being told what they can do and what not and want to have someone who works for them.

Expect a Le Pen victory in France and a Wilders victory in the Netherlands.

According to the MSM they were catastrophic.

Those results were only surprising to some people. Plenty of posters on this forum predicted the results long before the voting took place. Me being one of them.

I fully understand why these results happened. Reasons that I happen to agree with for the most part.

Events over the next couple of months will dictate what happens In France, not so much with Holland.

One more boom, or a serious of booms and it will be all over, Le Pen will romp it.

3 hours ago, SgtRock said:

According to the MSM they were catastrophic.

Those results were only surprising to some people. Plenty of posters on this forum predicted the results long before the voting took place. Me being one of them.

I fully understand why these results happened. Reasons that I happen to agree with for the most part.

Events over the next couple of months will dictate what happens In France, not so much with Holland.

One more boom, or a serious of booms and it will be all over, Le Pen will romp it.

Even if she romp in, which is far from happening as the Presidency election has 2 turns in France, she will have to deal with the legislative election and would probably end with a minority of friends at the assembly and therefore wouldn't be able to do anything....