RE-ENTRY Permit while under consideration

Hi all,

may I kindly know if I can apply for a re-entry permit while I'm under consideration for my annual extension? My guess is yes, and it will be valid for a short period, i.e. the date when I should show up to collect my definitive stamp for the year. Can anyone courteously confirm or refute my assumption?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, GMajor said:

Under consideration, does that mean you do not get stamped upon presentation of your bank statement?

The under consideration period is done for extension based upon marriage. You don't don't the extension stamp until the report back date unless approval is done prior to that date. If you are using the 400k baht option you need to leave most of the money in the bank until approval is done. Some regional division headquarters will check the balance during their approval process.

The under consideration period is also done for extensions based upon working.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If the application is subject to a home visit, is there a restriction on leaving the country in terms of the home visit.

If a home visit is required they normally do them shortly after the application is done. They normally call to set up a time for when they will do it. You would need to be there for the home visit. 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If a home visit is required they normally do them shortly after the application is done. They normally call to set up a time for when they will do it. You would need to be there for the home visit. 

Unless there is a miraculous recovery in the pound I can see a problem looming next year at the time of extension renewal.

However since asking the question I have had another thought, would I be right in assuming if changing from retirement to marriage it could be done at any time. That being the case, the problem would go away and I would just lose some time.

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Unless there is a miraculous recovery in the pound I can see a problem looming next year at the time of extension renewal.

However since asking the question I have had another thought, would I be right in assuming if changing from retirement to marriage it could be done at any time. That being the case, the problem would go away and I would just lose some time.

You can only do the change near to the date your current extension ends.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only do the change near to the date your current extension ends.

That's a blow, I suppose only option would be to ask immigration near the time and see what they say. I need to be in UK about 2 weeks before current expiry and allowing 5 weeks for the application would put it about 7 weeks before current extension expires.