Another macdonalds

true blue

On 11/30/2016 at 10:29 PM, mark45y said:

McDonald's restaurants are found in 118 countries and territories around the world and serve 68 million customers each day. McDonald's operates 36,615 restaurants worldwide, employing more than 420,000 people.

Not bad for the worst burger ever made.  I wonder if that works for cars and hospitals too?

macdonalds is struggling globally as their numbers tumble. people are waking up, entire countries have banned them.

On 11/30/2016 at 8:35 AM, chiang mai said:

It's called clustering, the South Koreans use it to great effect in Seoul […]

Clustering is neither new nor unique. Want to buy bananas? Go to the Muang Mai market and you have the banana vendors side-by-side. Want to buy flowers? Go to the Warorot market, and the flower vendors are side-by-side.

Customers do not want to go all over town to find the best X, be it food, jewelry, clothes, art, etc., so once you have two shops near each other, the third one will want to be there as well, because the customers have already learned where to go.

1 minute ago, lkn said:

Clustering is neither new nor unique. Want to buy bananas? Go to the Muang Mai market and you have the banana vendors side-by-side. Want to buy flowers? Go to the Warorot market, and the flower vendors are side-by-side.

Customers do not want to go all over town to find the best X, be it food, jewelry, clothes, art, etc., so once you have two shops near each other, the third one will want to be there as well, because the customers have already learned where to go.

Clustering is not new or unique although it would be in the context of what we were talking about which is hamburger shops!!!

18 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Clustering is not new or unique although it would be in the context of what we were talking about which is hamburger shops!!!

At the night bazaar you have McDonalds just opposite Burger King, and for as long as I can remember, they were near each other back home as well, so what exactly is new here?

3 minutes ago, lkn said:

At the night bazaar you have McDonalds just opposite Burger King, and for as long as I can remember, they were near each other back home as well, so what exactly is new here?

Jeeze dude, how difficult can this be!

Imagine five or six hamburger joints all right next door to each other, analogous to the Korean fried chicken places I mentioned in the earlier post.

19 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Jeeze dude, how difficult can this be!

I guess we just assign different criteria to “new and unique”.

Sorry to learn that you find it so hard to explain yourself, maybe go for a walk and calm down :)

3 minutes ago, lkn said:

I guess we just assign different criteria to “new and unique”.

Sorry to learn that you find it so hard to explain yourself, maybe go for a walk and calm down :)

YOU are the one who introduced the words "new and unique", not me.

Go troll somebody else, we're done here.

14 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

YOU are the one who introduced the words "new and unique", not me.

Right, I said clustering is not “new or unique” and you said it would be, if it was applied to hamburger places, which seems to be where we disagree.

Nothing to get upset about, we just perceive things differently. I agree that 5-6 hamburger places in one place would be unusual, but that’s because there are not 5-6 different brands of hamburger places (operating in the same region). When I was younger, we had 3 major chains, and you would find outlets from all of them near each other, which I would call “clustering” (of hamburger places).

Sure, MCD is not operating in a few countries but in nearly all cases the folks who live there have so little money a BigMac costs 3 months wages so the daily 'burger-buy" count too low.  That is only economics.

Yes, MCD banned in North Korea coz the queues of hungry people lined up to buy the burgers would block the street. 

Tell us where else MCD is banned, by the govt?

3 minutes ago, jobin said:

Sure, MCD is not operating in a few countries but in nearly all cases the folks who live there have so little money a BigMac costs 3 months wages so the daily 'burger-buy" count too low.  That is only economics.

Yes, MCD banned in North Korea coz the queues of hungry people lined up to buy the burgers would block the street. 

Tell us where else MCD is banned, by the govt?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/14/cardinals-see-red-over-vatican-mcdonalds

20 minutes ago, jobin said:

queues of hungry people lined up to buy the burgers would block the street

If, as you say, it takes three months wages to buy a MCD burger then where would the North Korean get the money to form the ‘queues of hungry people lined up to buy the burgers would block the street’?

Edited by scottiejohn
punctuation

6 hours ago, HooHaa said:

macdonalds is struggling globally as their numbers tumble. people are waking up, entire countries have banned them.

Macs stock 2012 96.    Today 118.  https://www.google.com/search?q=countries+that+have+banned+macdonalds&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b#q=macdonalds+stock

I guess not everyone has woke up yet. 

McDonald’s had 36,525 restaurants worldwide. McDonald’s was by far the most valuable fast food brand in 2015. With a brand value of more than 81 billion U.S. dollars, the company outpaced its closest competitor, Starbucks, by approximately 50 billion. That year, McDonald’s was also the ninth largest brand overall worldwide.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/219454/mcdonalds-restaurants-worldwide/

If you don't know MacDonald's is a real estate company then you don't know much about MacDonald's. 

On 02/12/2016 at 6:48 PM, lkn said:

Right, I said clustering is not “new or unique” and you said it would be, if it was applied to hamburger places, which seems to be where we disagree.

Nothing to get upset about, we just perceive things differently. I agree that 5-6 hamburger places in one place would be unusual, but that’s because there are not 5-6 different brands of hamburger places (operating in the same region). When I was younger, we had 3 major chains, and you would find outlets from all of them near each other, which I would call “clustering” (of hamburger places).

Burger restaurants don't have to be part of a chain, you know. In fact, the good ones are predominantly independent and the rubbish ones predominantly are.

mad dog pizza serves an excellent burger for 130 baht. fresh homemade pattee. i stopped eating burgers from micky dee when i got food poisoning from their night bazaar branch. double cheeseburger came way too fast as soon as i ordered it. never eating there anymore. french fries or the occasional ice cream is ok i guess. 

pattée

/ˈpæteɪ; ˈpætɪ/
adjective
(often postpositive) (of a cross) havingtriangular arms widening outwards
Word Origin
from French patte paw
But, i think you meant 'patty'.  2.
a thin, round piece of ground or minced food, as of meat or the like:
a hamburger patty.

I'll give Mad Dog a go one night and try the burger.  Hope nice hot chips come along at that price.