New Airport

Berty

Went to Hong Kong last weekend through Suwanapumi or whatevewr it's called.

Flying out was a simple enough process, a few to many duty free shops, spotted pletty of loos around, and had a good stroll to get to our gate. No complaints flying out.

Coming back we were in the taxiway for a while as there were no spots for the plane to park, another good stoll back to immigration. One point was that the walkways to immigration, one going each way, wondered why they didn't have them both running in the same direction as no one was going the other way, seems a bit silly.

Immigration was normal for Thailand, not too bad, and waited 10 mins for the bag to arrive.

All in all not a bad airport, not to impressed with the structure, but I'm not interested in that anyway, I just want to get in and out ASAP.

Getting a taxi was a painless affair too.

Don't see what all the fuss has been about.

Just out of interest, how do you reckon Suvarnabhumi compares with Chek Lap Kok (HK). I flew out of HK the day after it opened never to return.

I do remember that it seemed more pleasent and airy then BKK.

Agree, Chek Lap Kok is more airy although there you have endless ways to walk or to use travelators OR use the train between gates and immigration.

Sometimes, at least for departure I like to walk in HKG let's say from around gate 1 where you come down from immigration to gate 65. Long way but wide area and high ceiling.

Compared to this you get at BKK the 'tunnel'-feeling.