Ban Muang newspaper to close down as of January 1

webfact

Ban Muang newspaper to close down as of January 1

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4Fmbf6eZQwwjxMxSdbKzS3ZU

BANGKOK: -- The management of Nawakit Ban Muang Company announced on Wednesday that it would stop publication of Ban Muang daily newspaper as of January 1 because it could no longer carry on with the business under the present circumstances.

Publisher and editor of the newspaper Mr Chalor Chansuksri told the staff on Wednesday that the business model of printed media had changed drastically with the emergence of many new media, making it difficult for printed media to survive under an atmosphere of fierce competition.

He said that the management had tried very hard and for a long time to keep the business going on, but could no longer carry on any longer but to close down the newspaper as of January 1.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ban-muang-newspaper-to-close-down-as-of-january-1/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-01

Guilty as charged, get all my news off the internet nowadays, rarely buy a newspaper. What's more worrying is that I'm  starting to read books off the internet; makes my library rather redundant. There is still the odd book you won't find there though.