Tourist Visa extension

I did a extension yesterday, 3rd one after 5 SETV i na row, without any problems. Only fault, that my hotel dont registered my one day stay, so immigration officer phoned to the hotel and i need to wait for their registration. Cost me some extra 30minuts. No ticket or other questions.

2 minutes ago, Fatman666 said:

I did a extension yesterday, 3rd one after 5 SETV i na row, without any problems. Only fault, that my hotel dont registered my one day stay, so immigration officer phoned to the hotel and i need to wait for their registration. Cost me some extra 30minuts. No ticket or other questions.

Was that at Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok?

I never seen a report of them wanting a hotel to report your presence there to apply for the extension.

Just now, Fatman666 said:

NO, it was Kanchanaburi

Just now, Fatman666 said:

NO, it was Kanchanaburi

Did it before in Ayutthaya, same thing over there, they checked the computer for registation, but in Ayutthaya i told the hotel owner to do so and informed him that next day i will go to extend my visa at immigration. 

On 12/1/2016 at 7:29 PM, Fatman666 said:

Did it before in Ayutthaya, same thing over there, they checked the computer for registation, but in Ayutthaya i told the hotel owner to do so and informed him that next day i will go to extend my visa at immigration. 

Sounds like Immigration offices in the sticks just make things up so as to make your life difficult whereas in Bangkok they have a more solid grasp of reality

34 minutes ago, TG2026 said:

What if I have been staying at my friend's house and never reported to immigration? Will this be a problem and affect my extension at BKK?

you might get fined 800 bhat for not registration the house you are staying at after 24 hours of arrival in Thailand ,the house owner should of done it ,but you are the one who might still get fined when you do your extension.

It will not effect your extension.

45 minutes ago, TG2026 said:

What if I have been staying at my friend's house and never reported to immigration? Will this be a problem and affect my extension at BKK?

Bangkok immigration does ask for or check that the registration has been done when you apply for the 30 day extension.

I need to do 30 day extension  end of december , in my  city no have immigration , and i enter in thailand on 2 november , until now i did not fill any paper  

how much i will be fine in chiang mai immigration ? 

I need to do 30 day extension  end of december , in my  city no have immigration , and i enter in thailand on 2 november , until now i did not fill any paper  

I cannot see why you would get a fine.
Just apply for the extension.

2 hours ago, thai006 said:

2 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

I cannot see why you would get a fine.

Just apply for the extension.

I think he means, does Chang Mai fine people for not reporting their address and/or the owner of the house (or wife?) for not reporting the presence of an alien at the residence.  Someone familiar with that office can advise.

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I think he means, does Chang Mai fine people for not reporting their address and/or the owner of the house (or wife?) for not reporting the presence of an alien at the residence.  Someone familiar with that office can advise.

Its the owners responsibility to report who is staying at their place , it only becomes the stayers responsibility if they stay longer than three months .

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its the owners responsibility to report who is staying at their place , it only becomes the stayers responsibility if they stay longer than three months .

Can you please confirm, I was aware that hotels and the like were required to report your stay, but I did not realize private citizens were also required to do this. Is this correct, my thai girlfriend must report to immigration that I am staying at her house?

In addition, if this is correct, is there an official form that must be filled in / lodged with immigration?

Thank you

Edited by firewight
updated

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

I'm assuming the immigration office in krabi will be able to give me the 30 day extension just as easily as in Bangkok?  I could do it in bkk but u have to drive to the edge of town here. in krabi its so convenient.  will krabi do the extension?

Yes they will, you don't have to travel to BKK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

thanks for update I think i was on google map and got some information that might be wrong. would be totally crazy to close samui office. NICE TO KNOW ITS OPEN AS USUAL

You are not the first person to be confused by Google's "now closed" indication against businesses/offices on Google Maps. It just indicates that it is outside normal opening hours at the time the map is displayed. Usually, Google's interface design is very good, but I think they have missed the confusion this causes.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to get the 30 day extension of my tourist visa at the new Samui immigration office soon. Does immigration now require 2 photos to do this, as I have read elsewhere? It used to be only one photo last year, I believe. Does anyone know if there are shops near the new office that do photo & photocopying services?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends....

I am from india and i got 3 months single entry tourist visa from india and i am living in ladparao, bangkok from 2 months...but now m living at friends house before i used to live in hotel for 1 month. So, Can i extend my visa for next 30 days from ladparao immigration office without booking hotel and return flight.

thank you everyone in advance for suggesting me options.

11 minutes ago, RonnieBkk said:

Hi Friends....

I am from india and i got 3 months single entry tourist visa from india and i am living in ladparao, bangkok from 2 months...but now m living at friends house before i used to live in hotel for 1 month. So, Can i extend my visa for next 30 days from ladparao immigration office without booking hotel and return flight.

thank you everyone in advance for suggesting me options.

Only migrant workers can use the Lad  Prao immigration office. The only office in Bangkok where an extension can be done is at Chaeng Wattana.

But as far as I know Indian nationals cannot get a 30 day extension of their 60 day tourist visa entry.

From Bangkok immigration website.

In the case of tourism purposes:
Criteria for Consideration
The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a tourist visa (TOURIST).
(2) Must not be of a nationality or type prescribed by the committee monitoring official
proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau.
( In case of the following natinalites ,extension of stay permit will not be longer than 7 days ; Sri Lanka ,India,Pakistan,Bangladesh,Iran,Nepal,Togo,Nigeria,Uganda )

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RonnieBkk said:

Thanks a lot for your reply....Is there any other option that i can stay bangkok again like visiting laos or combodia or aaply study visa to learn thai...but i dont wanna study bachelor or master degree.

thanks

You will not be able to apply for a visa at any nearby country. India is on the list of countries that its citizens can only get visas there.

See: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/RestrictedCountries2013.pdf

You could leave and re-enter to get a 15 day visa on arrival for a fee of 1000 baht.

• Like 1