Forum upgrade in progress! ×

O visa.multiple.entry

I got a.multiple.o visa from London in July to take.care of.my son in Thailand.

I went from my 90 day report at.Immigration and i noticed that on my blue departure slip..it was stamped 28th Nov...so i was a day on overstay.

The Immigration Officer told me that I had to go into Laos and come back again and that i could not sign in at immigration.

Was he correct ?

A non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry. You have to leave every 90 days for a new entry.

You could get a 60 day extension of your 90 day entry at immigration to visit him.

Only a one year extension of stay allows you stay in the country long enough to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

Yes he was correct.

• You have a visa that only allows you to stay for 90 days every time you enter.
  • At the end of 90 days you must leave the country, and at most borders you can immediately return for another 90 days, OR apply for a 60 day or 1 year extension of stay.
  • If you are living here and don't want to exit every 90 days, and if you are the legal father, you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay as long as you have a certified income of at least 40K baht pm, or you can show 400K baht in a bank account on the day you apply for the extension.

14 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes he was correct.

• You have a visa that only allows you to stay for 90 days every time you enter.
  • At the end of 90 days you must leave the country, and at most borders you can immediately return for another 90 days, OR apply for a 60 day or 1 year extension of stay.
  • If you are living here and don't want to exit every 90 days, and if you are the legal father, you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay as long as you have a certified income of at least 40K baht pm, or you can show 400K baht in a bank account on the day you apply for the extension.

"... certified income of 40k baht pm..."

What do they consider " certified "?

Does a printout of a long term bank account, showing a consistent deposit history, officially stamped by a bank officer, count?

Edited by animatic

7 minutes ago, animatic said:

What do they consider " certified "?

If the income is from outside the country an income letter from a persons embassy is required.

If working here it is proof of tax payments for a salary of 40k baht.

5 hours ago, animatic said:

Does a printout of a long term bank account, showing a consistent deposit history, officially stamped by a bank officer, count?

• You would need an updated bank account passbook and a letter from the bank confirming the balance.
  • The money doesn't have to be in the account long term or have a history. All they need is to see a balance of at least 400K on the day you apply.