Woman injured in acid attack, spouse arrested

geovalin

Police officials in Kompong Cham’s Koh Sotin arrested a man yesterday who, in what police called a fit of jealousy, doused his wife with acid as she went to take a bath.

Following police questioning, Seng Bunath, 42, allegedly confessed to splashing acid on his wife, Ngonn Sokleng, 35, early that morning because she had supposedly been in contact with other men, said Koh Sotin’s district police chief Breng Him.

After throwing acid on his wife, the suspect drove her to the hospital. “She sustained minor injuries on her back, left hand and on her right wrist and leg,” Him said. “It was just battery acid and wasn’t very strong, so she can walk normally.”

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/woman-injured-acid-attack-spouse-arrested

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 02/12

<deleted> deplorable and cowardly.... even this was an attack from behind.... can't even face a woman, one on one, without resorting to attacking from behind... add pathetic to first sentence.

i hope all of her scars heal.

4 hours ago, SilverBeast said:

Common Muslim tactic.  This article doesn't specify if the fellow was Muslim though... Are acid attacks common by anyone else?

Acid attacks have been a reality in Cambodia for decades. Invariably they involve related women, or rivals for a man, as the victim. I understand that the frequency has dropped in the last decade but it still happens. Corrupt legal system and male dominated society haven't helped resolve it. Also Invariably it is village Buddhist perps, there are very few Muslims in  Cambodia and I don't recall ever reading of a Muslim victim or perpetrator. Google "acid attacks in Cambodia", the articles will sicken you!