December 4, 20169 yr I arrived in Thailand in October 2016 on a 30 day tourist visa which I had extended until December at Surin Immigration. I just transferred to a 12 months Non-O Multi entry visa in Savannahet. Do I still have to report to immigration every 90 days or do my 3 monthly visa runs count as 'reporting to immigration'? And seeing as I will have been in Thailand for 3 months at the end of this month, do I have to report to immigration then? Thanks in advance
December 4, 20169 yr You only have to do 90 day reports if you can stay in the country more than 90 consecutive days. No need for you to do 90 day reports.
December 4, 20169 yr for your information,,, non immigrant "O" visas = no 90 days-report same for Tourist-VISAS... for VISA followed by letter "A" (i.e. non immigrant "O-A",,,, then you can do your 90 days reporting to the immigration you belong to. Same for all kinds of extensions of stay.... Glegolo
December 4, 20169 yr You just have to exit and re-enter Thailand every 90 days; although not at Poipet border, seems to be hassle there for some reason Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
December 4, 20169 yr I always thought if you have a non immigrant O visa, based on marriage or over 65 and on a state pension, you have to leave the country and then re enter, that's what I,ve been doing for years.Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app
December 4, 20169 yr 2 minutes ago, trigpoint said: I always thought if you have a non immigrant O visa, based on marriage or over 65 and on a state pension, you have to leave the country and then re enter, that's what I,ve been doing for years. Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app That is what you have to if you have a multiple entry non-o visa. I don't think anybody said anything different than that in this topic.
December 4, 20169 yr I thought you could only get a non immigrant O visa in your own country.Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app
December 4, 20169 yr 5 minutes ago, trigpoint said: I thought you could only get a non immigrant O visa in your own country. Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app There is not such requirement unless you are from a country that can only apply for any visa there. Only a non-oa long stay visa has to be applied for in your home country or country of legal residence.
December 4, 20169 yr So I can apply for a non immigrant O in savannahet with a UK passport?Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app
December 5, 20169 yr 12 hours ago, trigpoint said: So I can apply for a non immigrant O in savannahet with a UK passport? Sent from my B3-A30 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app You can apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet. If you want one based upon being 50 or over for retirement Vientiane is a better choice.
December 5, 20169 yr There are 90 day Non O visas, and one year multi-entry Non immigrant O type visas . A non O multi entry type O visa does not need to do 90 reports as long as it is still valid (for its one year period) However you will need to exit Thailand every 90 days and then return with this type of visa. That is because with this type of visa each entry gets you a 90 day "permitted to stay" stamp on entry which is only valid for 90 days. So you need to exit Thailand and re-enter each 90 days with this type of visa. Edited December 5, 20169 yr by IMA_FARANG correct typo
Create an account or sign in to comment