Mother admits beating up one of her twin daughters out of anger

webfact

Mother admits beating up one of her twin daughters out of anger

BANGKOK: -- Mrs Paveena went to Bangkaew district police station in Samut Prakan on Sunday to visit the mother who was held in the police custody on assault charge after a two-minute video clip showing the woman beating up one of her twin daughters was uploaded in the social media and quickly went viral.

The footage shows the woman pulling the hair of a girl and pointing a knife on her face. Then the woman uses the handle of a broom to hit the girl three times while threatening to use the knife to cut her tongue.

The woman whose name was withheld told Mrs Paveena that the twin girls were raised by her mother-in-law in Surin province until about eight months ago when her husband took the girls back to their own home in Samut Prakan for upbringing.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/mother-admits-beating-up-one-of-her-twin-daughters-out-of-anger/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-05

Mother Arrested For Beating, Menacing Girl, 5, With Knife

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

201612041716276-20041020173632.jpg

Police and charity workers talk to a 5-year-old girl rescued on Sunday from her abusive mother in Samut Prakarn.

BANGKOK —  A 5-year-old girl was receiving counseling Monday after police rescued her from her mother who was filmed abusing her at their home.

Police in the southeastern capital suburb of Samut Prakan arrested Tassanee Kaewpila, 35, on Sunday following an outcry on social media over disturbing footage of the abuse, in which she used a broomstick to beat her daughter and at one point held a knife at her throat.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/12/05/mother-arrested-beating-menacing-girl-5-knife/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-05

15 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Trust someone to be there with their phone camera and upload it onto Facebook whatever. Why didn't they go and stop the woman?

Like so many video's of abuse, the filmmaker just records and therefore is not only a witness but part of the crime.

It's an arbitrary situation, film or intervene? 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Mother Arrested For Beating, Menacing Girl, 5, With Knife

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter -

201612041716276-20041020173632.jpg

Police and charity workers talk to a 5-year-old girl rescued on Sunday from her abusive mother in Samut Prakarn.

BANGKOK —  A 5-year-old girl was receiving counseling Monday after police rescued her from her mother who was filmed abusing her at their home.

Police in the southeastern capital suburb of Samut Prakan arrested Tassanee Kaewpila, 35, on Sunday following an outcry on social media over disturbing footage of the abuse, in which she used a broomstick to beat her daughter and at one point held a knife at her throat.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/12/05/mother-arrested-beating-menacing-girl-5-knife/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-05

Just plain disturbing and sad for this little girl.

Thank god social services came around to offer help, hopefully for the long term.

The mother should be jailed, then in counseling, and nowhere near this child without supervision!!!

59 minutes ago, whatproblem said:

The mother will love her children when they are 13 ,nearly ready send them to work and money sent home . Thais women not have the compassion that western women have for their children ,they are for retirement 

Thai girls are born with the obligation to take care of people that exploit them...what a horrible way to enter an already hostile world...

I watched this video yesterday . This woman dragged the child by the hair, held a large knife in the child's face and whacked her across the legs with a broom. I hate to think what might have happened if the child moved suddenly with this knife being where it was. This woman is a vicious cruel person that should not be allowed to look after her children.

2 hours ago, Toronto said:

It appears that this country and it's inhabitants are becoming increasingly violent. I'm sure it's not my imagination. 

It's a sure sign that you've been reading too much thaivisa.

31 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Video one. Mum kicks daughter.

Video two. Mum pulls hair, brutally beats her daughter. Disturbing content. Warning!!! Sickening video.

Watched the video. Absolutely horrified.

What got me was the way the bairn (child) - didn't cry and simply picked up the brush and put it away after it was all over.

I'm new to this - but sadly not numb to it - but has that bairn had so many beatings it is now routine? Or is she (has she become?) a hard case because of that vile mother?

Whatever - so very sad..............

My daughter,at that age was a princess.I was a single parent with her from the age of 5 until she was 18.her mother was an unfit drunk and abused her terribly.Thejudge saw fit to give me full custody,care and control with no visitation rights.In the end,her mother met a bad end,which went in most of the national papers.

yes!Times weren't always easy,and sometimes i got very down and did not know where to turn.But never,never,never,did i ever raise a hand or cause her any pain or to be scared of me.She was a happy little soul and my heart melted with just one look at her.She is now 30 and she is a firefighter,with sign language skills and speaks 2 other languages.

I am very proud of her,and she still loves her dad.

Kids are there to be loved and to trust their parents.

I have no words for this monster of a woman.

“Pol Col Vichit Boonchinwutthikul, superintendent of Bangkaew police, said the two twin girls would undergo medical checkup to find out whether they suffer serious wounds from the alleged beatings.

I am sure he means physical wounds. It as though psychological wounds don't count in this society. Perhaps if they paid attention to that aspect of health, the mother might have received some help to deal with her own psychological issues. Her type of behavior is usually learned from the people who raised the previous generation..

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

“The mother was sorry,” Col. Pichit said. “She didn’t know that it would escalate into a big issue like this.”

Sorry because she got caught or sorry for her beating of a child?

The mother probably comes from a dysfunctional family and is involved in a dysfunctional relationship with her childrens father. Then she suddenly finds herself struggling to care for two children when her own life is in turmoil, the strain becomes overwhelming and then cracks under the stress and loses it many having no support from anyone.

No excuse for beating on a child but I can see how these things can happen.

45 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

and future My daughter,at that age was a princess.I was a single parent with her from the age of 5 until she was 18.her mother was an unfit drunk and abused her terribly.Thejudge saw fit to give me full custody,care and control with no visitation rights.In the end,her mother met a bad end,which went in most of the national papers.

yes!Times weren't always easy,and sometimes i got very down and did not know where to turn.But never,never,never,did i ever raise a hand or cause her any pain or to be scared of me.She was a happy little soul and my heart melted with just one look at her.She is now 30 and she is a firefighter,with sign language skills and speaks 2 other languages.

I am very proud of her,and she still loves her dad.

Kids are there to be loved and to trust their parents.

I have no words for this monster of a woman.

Well done buddy! No more words can express the support and encouragement you gave by the fact that she is so successful!! Nice one mate! The facts speak for themselves!!!

32 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

The mother probably comes from a dysfunctional family and is involved in a dysfunctional relationship with her childrens father. Then she suddenly finds herself struggling to care for two children when her own life is in turmoil, the strain becomes overwhelming and then cracks under the stress and loses it many having no support from anyone.

No excuse for beating on a child but I can see how these things can happen.

True but that doesn't answer my question.

However following that vein of thought, which i do not disagree with:

Plenty of us come from families who had different views/life experiences on what constituted discipline. 

We experienced teachers who mistook violence for discipline. 

Does not mean we have to repeat their mistakes.

Edited by Bluespunk

What's the big problem? it's just Thai culture. Look at the soaps every night on Thai TV and see the savage reactions. 

Nothing new here either, back a few years ago the gal I was living with had a daughter aged about 7 years, the child was disobedient one day so her mother tied her hands up to a tree and brought out a bunch of dried chilies and burnt the chilies waving the fumes under the child's nostrils.

They're savages - once you accept that fact you can start to begin to understand the Land of Smiles. 

2 minutes ago, TSF said:

What's the big problem? it's just Thai culture. Look at the soaps every night on Thai TV and see the savage reactions. 

Nothing new here either, back a few years ago the gal I was living with had a daughter aged about 7 years, the child was disobedient one day so her mother tied her hands up to a tree and brought out a bunch of dried chilies and burnt the chilies waving the fumes under the child's nostrils.

They're savages - once you accept that fact you can start to begin to understand the Land of Smiles. 

Very biggot of you!