West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Old Freddie is doing well at Palace as well.

Zola junior is getting a few games, Nouble scored a brace, things are looking good for us.

Is Ashton gonna go to Stoke? How about Lucas (never liked his attitude) ?

I think next Season the Hammers might just have the youngest team in the Premier league, young exciting players breaking into the First team, a good sign for us.

I'd be amazed if Ashton goes to Stoke, for starters they can't afford him & secondly if they did fund it, they'd be putting all their Eggs in one basket & he's liable to break..

Lucas appears to be going to Istanbul but i still have a funny feeling we'll see him at Molineus in a couple of weeks for the opener..

I'm off to Beijing tomorrow, will keep you updated.. :)

COYI

• 2 weeks later...
1.99 of the finest Great British Pounds to WHUTV for the Napoli Game & it doesn't work, nice one West Ham... :)

On the positive side. The club probably did you a favour in saving a couple quid. These highlights say it al really.

I see that you actually paid the £1.99. Still at least it wasn't towards the rubbish match day programmes, that are equally money thrown away. But if it happens again I think that you should contact them, as you're unlikely to be the only one that's been ripped-off.

1.99 of the finest Great British Pounds to WHUTV for the Napoli Game & it doesn't work, nice one West Ham... :)

On the positive side. The club probably did you a favour in saving a couple quid. These highlights say it al really.

I see that you actually paid the £1.99. Still at least it wasn't towards the rubbish match day programmes, that are equally money thrown away. But if it happens again I think that you should contact them, as you're unlikely to be the only one that's been ripped-off.

Yeah i will be for sure Mate, it rolls into an annual 3.99 per Month debited to the Card if you don't cancle after my 1.99 " Trial " yesterday so i have to cancel that..

Thanks for the link..

Apparently we actually ploayed very well from what i've read on KUMB..

This is from the same Fella who told me that Etherington was going to Stoke the week before he did, & that Behrami would sign the day before he did, take it how you want... :)

Right.

Just been told that:

We are selling Upson next week. Done deal.

Ashton failed a medical at Stoke. Zola is "f***ing livid" because he has been assured Ashton is recovered, and wants to know "what the f*** he has been doing for the last year".

We were "this close" to getting Beckham. The deal fell down over money. Suprise eh?

RVN is likely to come in after Upson is gone.

Cottee reckons "everyone" dislikes Savio, and thinks he is sh*t.

Ashton failed a medical at Stoke. Zola is "f***ing livid" because he has been assured Ashton is recovered, and wants to know "what the f*** he has been doing for the last year".

But dont they usually agree a fee then he goes for the medical?????

Wouldnt surprise me if the Upson link is a smokescreen for Citeh to get the Lescott from Everton, even Everton must realise he isnt worth 20 million that theyve allegedly been offered, unless they get both!

<H2 class=padding-bottom-7 style="FONT-SIZE: 1.05em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em"><H2 class=padding-bottom-7 style="FONT-SIZE: 1.05em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em">

WEST HAM are set to go Yankee Doodle Dandy with US tycoon Clark Hunt emerging as a shock contender in a GBP120million buyout.</H2>SunSport can reveal talks have started with Hammers owners, CB Holding, who have been looking to sell ever since they took control from debt-ridden chief Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson in June.

Hunt is a football nut and owns two Major League Soccer teams - champions Colombus Crew, who hosted West Ham in a friendly last summer, and FC Dallas.

CB Holding is 70 per cent owned by Icelandic bank Straumur plus several other financial institutions and all are suffering in the credit crunch.

The company took West Ham as part-payment of GBP350m debts built up by Gudmundsson.

CB Holding produced a two-year plan to stabilise West Ham but in June, Straumur spokesman Georg Andersen, said: "Every club is for sale at the right price. With the market right now it will be difficult to find the right value.

"I'm not going to pretend we are going to own the club for ever."

West Ham were effectively valued at GBP105m when CB took over. And a price of around GBP120m would mean more security for boss Gianfranco Zola and the squad.

Hunt, 44, inherited his love of football from his late father, Lamar, a Texas billionaire who founded the MLS in 1993 and backed America's World Cup bid a year later.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...y-West-Ham.html

</H2>

Cottee reckons "everyone" dislikes Savio, and thinks he is sh*t.

He can't be sh*t he cost 9m pound :D or perhaps it was 9m baht :)

Let's not let facts get in the way of a dig Alfredo shall will.. :D

Savio cost 4m up front with the fee potentially rising to 9m if etc etc etc..

I doubt we'll be paying any more $$ for him if i'm honest, hope i'm wrong.. :D

Wouldnt surprise me if the Upson link is a smokescreen for Citeh to get the Lescott from Everton, even Everton must realise he isnt worth 20 million that theyve allegedly been offered, unless they get both!

Who knows that they didn't ??

Fella's normally very reliable who told me this & has a great link within the Club, normally gets things right but will obviously sometimes get things wrongs too..

<H2 class=padding-bottom-7 style="FONT-SIZE: 1.05em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em"><H2 class=padding-bottom-7 style="FONT-SIZE: 1.05em; LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em">

WEST HAM are set to go Yankee Doodle Dandy with US tycoon Clark Hunt emerging as a shock contender in a GBP120million buyout.</H2>SunSport can reveal talks have started with Hammers owners, CB Holding, who have been looking to sell ever since they took control from debt-ridden chief Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson in June.

Hunt is a football nut and owns two Major League Soccer teams - champions Colombus Crew, who hosted West Ham in a friendly last summer, and FC Dallas.

CB Holding is 70 per cent owned by Icelandic bank Straumur plus several other financial institutions and all are suffering in the credit crunch.

The company took West Ham as part-payment of GBP350m debts built up by Gudmundsson.

CB Holding produced a two-year plan to stabilise West Ham but in June, Straumur spokesman Georg Andersen, said: "Every club is for sale at the right price. With the market right now it will be difficult to find the right value.

West Ham were effectively valued at GBP105m when CB took over. And a price of around GBP120m would mean more security for boss Gianfranco Zola and the squad.

Hunt, 44, inherited his love of football from his late father, Lamar, a Texas billionaire who founded the MLS in 1993 and backed America's World Cup bid a year later.

</H2>

This Story was from last Wednesday's Sun & has since been dismissed by Mr C Hunts ( :) ) people..

It does have Legs though so i'm told..

</H2>

This Story was from last Wednesday's Sun & has since been dismissed by Mr C Hunts ( :D ) people..

Thanks. I wondered if it was old news, or non-news. :)

This Story was from last Wednesday's Sun & has since been dismissed by Mr C Hunts ( :D ) people..

Thanks. I wondered if it was old news, or non-news. :)

Well here's the denial but " apprarently " it isn't as much of a non story than this leads us to believe..

Filed: Thursday, 6th August 2009

By: Staff Writer

Rumours of an impending bid for West Ham United by an American billionaire appear to have been wide of the mark.

American sports tycoon Clark Hunt - who already owns two clubs in the MLS, America's version of the Premier League - has been linked with a bid for the Hammers since last weekend.

Today's Sun newspaper also ran a story linking Hunt with a move for United, who are currently under the control of CB Holdings, a group representing former creditors of the Straumur bank.

However a spokesman for Hunt has this evening dismissed the rumours; Ryan Petkoff told a local reporter that "we're fully content with our sports holdings at this time and have no interest in any additional investments."

George Andersen, an executive of Straumur also dismissed reports of serious interest from Hunt or any other potential bidder, adding:

"We still believe there is no buyer out there willing to pay what we believe the club is worth. We are not actively pushing to sell the club.

"A lot of people are interested, but are only willing to buy it cheaply."

Thanks for the link..

Apparently we actually played very well from what i've read on KUMB.

Seems that Phil Jupitus ,writing in yesterday's Sunday Times, agrees with them.

Napoli bring a whole new world to Upton Park

Phill Jupitus

On Saturday I did something that I haven’t done in 20 years. “Was it eating salad?” I hear you cry. No, no dear reader, I attended a football game on my own, and a curious experience it was.

My usual game-day companion was otherwise engaged, losing money at the nags, so I would be flying solo. Having no one to gossip with or moan at, I packed my bag with a copy of The God Delusion and a portable DAB radio. Although the prospect of listening to the Ashes commentary while simultaneously reading Richard Dawkins and watching the Hammers did bring on a slight anticipatory headache.

The Bobby Moore Cup is an annual opportunity for fans at Upton Park to squint and pretend we qualified for Europe. This pre-season friendly against continental opposition is a benefit for The Bobby Moore Fund, which raises funds for Cancer Research UK. Our European guests this year were SSC Napoli, who finished twelfth in Serie A last season.

While collecting my ticket, I heard the familiar throaty roar of hundreds of voices. Then it dawned on me that some things were not quite right; it wasn’t in English and they were singing in tune. I looked down Green Street to see 500 vocal Neapolitans marching towards the ground. Around me, Hammers fans stared with grudging admiration.

Inside the stadium the away end was absolutely rammed. The Naples faithful who found themselves in the sun, stripped to the waist, so half of the stand was a sea of olive skin. I dare say if the chaps in the chicken run reciprocated in kind, the resulting blue-white glare would be seen from the moon. As good as the game was, I often found my eye drawn to the Napoli end. It soon became apparent that their chanting was actually being conducted. A little bald bloke in a white T-shirt at the front of the away enclosure was waving away like Simon Rattle on steroids. My favourite involved them crouching and humming en masse before simultaneously leaping up in a frenzy of arms and voices.

Meanwhile back on the park, an opportunistic if slightly flukey header from Fabio Quagliarella settled matters. On the radio Blowers and Tuffers bemoaned their own disappointing day. As I listened to them chatting I felt quite jealous, I had nobody to ask how Savio missed that open goal.

Good point, pity for the player as he did look like the nearest thing to Shearer since Shearer.

West Ham have been linked with Andy Carroll in the Newcastle press a few times cant see this one being a runner though.

Good point, pity for the player as he did look like the nearest thing to Shearer since Shearer.

West Ham have been linked with Andy Carroll in the Newcastle press a few times cant see this one being a runner though.

Yeah, in teh London press too..

I'm not a Fan & anyway, we couldn't afford Andy out of Little Britain let alone Andy Carroll... :)

Ashton is/was the closest to Shearer that English Football has had since he retired, he's got it all, two great feet, fantastic headered of the ball, can seriously bang a ball, top noptvh first touch, big, strong, the lot..

I have a feeling that upstairs is the part that's missing if you get my drift & it seems to me as if, psychologically, he can't play any more, sadly..

Sad for us & sad for England..

It seems Upson will be sacrificed to keep Straumer happy & we feel that teh Centre Back position is the place where we will be least affected..

Straumer want the $$ & Man City are involved & Man City pay up front, as the did with Bellamy..

Upson can buy out his Contract next Summer too & we simply can't afford for him to do it & feel we can get the most $$ for him now as it's WC Year comin up & Man City are sniffing around..

Let's juts pray that Collins & Gabbidon stay fit & Tomkins continues his improvement..

A small part of the $$ will be spent on a Big Signing Loan Players wages, RVN, Toni or Gudjohnsson for a Year, in which time Straumer will continue to look for a Buyer..

Worrying times..

It seems Upson will be sacrificed to keep Straumer happy & we feel that teh Centre Back position is the place where we will be least affected..

Straumer want the $$ & Man City are involved & Man City pay up front, as the did with Bellamy..

Upson can buy out his Contract next Summer too & we simply can't afford for him to do it & feel we can get the most $$ for him now as it's WC Year comin up & Man City are sniffing around..

Let's juts pray that Collins & Gabbidon stay fit & Tomkins continues his improvement..

A small part of the $$ will be spent on a Big Signing Loan Players wages, RVN, Toni or Gudjohnsson for a Year, in which time Straumer will continue to look for a Buyer..

Worrying times..

Worrying times if Zola walks away as well. The whole thing just stinks. Apparently it's Barclays Bank who are calling the shots.

Worrying times..

Worrying times if Zola walks away as well. The whole thing just stinks. Apparently it's Barclays Bank who are calling the shots.

& that's the scariest part HH as i see no reason why he/they wouldn't actually walk..

Worrying times..

& that's the scariest part HH as i see no reason why he/they wouldn't actually walk..

Agreed. How can anyone be expected to build a team when forced to sell their best players and the money not even invested in getting new ones. Disgraceful really. But we're all singing from the same hymn sheet here.

HA

When we can get some more money from darn sarf?

Tottenham bought our two Kyles and we are busy cloning more.

0-0 at Teeside,,,,,bummer.

Would you like to hear the Sheff utd anthem....its got something to do with chip butties and woodbine..

HA

When we can get some more money from darn sarf?

Tottenham bought our two Kyles and we are busy cloning more.

0-0 at Teeside,,,,,bummer.

Would you like to hear the Sheff utd anthem....its got something to do with chip butties and woodbine..

I think tht's a good point Mate no ??

I've got you lot for going up this Year too..

Speakeing of Kyle's, how's Kyle Reid doing ??

Filed: Tuesday, 11th August 2009

By: Staff Writer

Manchester City are said to have dropped their interest in Matthew Upson having refused to meet West Ham's asking price.

According to morning reports in the Express and Independent, City - already frustrated by their failure to land their main target, Everton's Joleon Lescott - have now turned their attention to Portsmouth centre half Sylvain Distin after the Hammers demanded £15million for the England defender.

It was suggested yesterday that a deal to take Upson to Manchester was on the verge of completion, whilst Hammers CEO Scott Duxbury admitted in a statement posted on whufc.com last night that player sales during the current transfer window were still a possibility - but only if "Gianfranco [Zola] thinks it is in the best interests of the squad as a whole and it is right for the club."

The former Birmingham City captain - who joined United in January 2007 - is yet to agree a new contract despite having held negotiations with the club earlier in the year. With less than two years remaining on his current arrangement, the club may feel that cashing in on 30-year-old Upson now would free vital funds with which to improve other areas of the squad.

* An article by Rob Draper in the Mail claiming that Upson's sale had been ordered by the club's owners CB Holdings was denied by Duxbury, who said:

"The club's position today remains the same as it was last week or as it was in January. There is no question of Straumur forcing us to sell anyone - in fact we are actively looking for new players.

"The papers are unsurprisingly full of speculation at this time of year - but the situation is clear."

whats the s.p. on big luca toni then singher?,wouldnt mind him

or gudjonsenn, even if its just a season loan.

if toni was back at the six senses on his holidays again id nip round and

ask him maself :)

Don't know Mate, his name's still being touted but he's on 100k Euro's plus per Week at Bayern, that's one thing i know for certain so how on Earth we'd afford even half of thse wages based on Bayern contributing half ( which i can't see ) i really don't know..

That's unless he's double out of favour at Bayern & knows he needs firts Tea Football to make the WC Squad next Summer maybe..

But i'm not sure how common it is for Footballers to drop their wages as much as he'd have to, to play Football ... :D

from what ive read , hes gonna be on the bench mostly, due to bayern ,s 2 new signings

(names escape me) , and id assume he wants regular games to be in the wc team, however

id agree, financially, we dont have the clout atm, but, heres hoping some kinda deal can be done

as we dont look to have much going on up front,

p.s. mozzy saturday?

from what ive read , hes gonna be on the bench mostly, due to bayern ,s 2 new signings

(names escape me) , and id assume he wants regular games to be in the wc team, however

id agree, financially, we dont have the clout atm, but, heres hoping some kinda deal can be done

as we dont look to have much going on up front,

p.s. mozzy saturday?

Yeah Mate 100%, i'll be in there for the Chelsea Game early doors... :)

Metal detectors outside the turnstiles again I think..

Why's that then ? To see if any failed hoolies of the Ice Cream Fellowship days have anything concealed in their zimmer frames. Or our friends from across the river have any crystalised mothballs in their aged donkey jackets :)