West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Shocking decision with the sending off, the FA clearly think to celebrate Bolateli style would be good for the game.

Dems be the rules, can't blame the Ref...

The ruling needs to be looked ta for sure though, Piq now misses our biggest Game in God knows how long & the Semi Final Second Leg on Weds, nightmare..

Isnt it 1 game ban for 2 yellows.

Shocking decision with the sending off, the FA clearly think to celebrate Bolateli style would be good for the game.

Dems be the rules, can't blame the Ref...

The ruling needs to be looked ta for sure though, Piq now misses our biggest Game in God knows how long & the Semi Final Second Leg on Weds, nightmare..

Yeah, & that's our next Game..;)

We've just signed Demba Ba from Hoffenheim on Loan for the rest of the Season with the option to buy, i suppose if we stay up..

I've seen hin a few times this Season on the Tele, looks sh*t to me from what i've seen but in Avram we trust..

He's a Striker, scored 37 in 97 for Hoffenheim since 2007..

& if you thought Cralton Cole had a bad first touch, just wait for this one....:D

We've just signed Demba Ba from Hoffenheim on Loan for the rest of the Season with the option to buy, i suppose if we stay up..

I've seen hin a few times this Season on the Tele, looks sh*t to me from what i've seen but in Avram we trust..

He's a Striker, scored 37 in 97 for Hoffenheim since 2007..

& if you thought Cralton Cole had a bad first touch, just wait for this one....:D

From what I have seen, he traps the ball further than CC can kick it :lol:

Correct. Here's the relevant extract from the FA Rules and Regs 2010/11

"PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (7)

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the same

match will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until such time

as his Club's First Team has completed its next FTCM."

I hadn't realised until looking at the FA Rules that there are other red card offences where it's less than a 3 match ban - c'mon Singh - your starter for ten (no looking!)

Nor did I know that the system of coloured cards was invented in 1970 by Ken Aston, an English ref who came up with the idea while waiting at traffic lights on Kensington High Street. There should be a memorial there!

Being an Arsenal fan I agree absolutely with the no celebrating in deliberate contact with the crowd rule. Indeed I think that the EPL should show its English heritage and ban all forms of celebration except for a simple handshake. Leave all this slobbering, theatrical cameos and crowd surfing to the greasy degos in La Liga etc, I say.:rolleyes: [yeah I know we have a lot of our own but they're trainable.]

Seriously though - the guidance about not jumping into the crowd is from 2004 and was meant to prevent crowd surge injuries. Apparently a steward was injured at Blackburn (not 100% on the location) last week by a surging crowd and there was plenty of evidence in 2004 that this was not a rare occurrence

Edited by SantiSuk

Correct. Here's the relevant extract from the FA Rules and Regs 2010/11

"PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (7)

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the same

match will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until such time

as his Club's First Team has completed its next FTCM."

I hadn't realised until looking at the FA Rules that there are other red card offences where it's less than a 3 match ban - c'mon Singh - your starter for ten (no looking!)

A straight Red is 3 Game Ban, 2 Yellow is a 1 Game Ban..

A Yellow then a straight Red for a worse offence than thte original Yellow is a 3 Game Ban for the straigth Red.

A Ban on review can be longer then 3 Games for different offences on one Game if teh Ref misses them IE what nearly happened to Bowyer against Chels a few weeks back..

Anyway, Piquionne misses one Game like i said, tomorrow night against Birmingham..

Is it worth going down the pub to watch your lot tonight do you reckon?

I doubt if the Bar Maid's Tip Jar would give a <deleted> if you did or didn't to be honest..

Might not bother if you're sending out the kids.....

Only joking....off to the pub. Good luck.

Ooooooh well, never mind Singhy! I did actually think you were gona do it in the 1st half but the brummies came out stronger in the second half and I think deserved to go through :whistling:

Aside from Cole's excellent strike I thought they looked flat and deserved to lose. Could see both the goals coming before extra time but the scammers had no answer.

You need to bring in a couple of experienced players to steady things imo.....not a bad side when you're attacking but no idea how to retain possession and frustrate the oposition.

Unlucky - from a neutrals point of view it was great entertainment. The 'ammers could have won it on a couple of occasions near the end... still in the FA cup though, any idea if its on the tele. True Vision has only the Reading game and the Fulham game listed ?????

Edit: Just checked the TrueVision schedule again and its showing the Notts County/Man City game which is on at the same time as the West Ham/Forest game - so looks like its not on...

Edited by dsfbrit

Unlucky - from a neutrals point of view it was great entertainment. The 'ammers could have won it on a couple of occasions near the end... still in the FA cup though, any idea if its on the tele. True Vision has only the Reading game and the Fulham game listed ?????

Edit: Just checked the TrueVision schedule again and its showing the Notts County/Man City game which is on at the same time as the West Ham/Forest game - so looks like its not on...

Just seen that Avram was wearing a scarf last night, pretty sure it wasn't the lucky one though as he threw it in the crowd at one of the games, bet he wished he had kept it though ;):D

Ooooooh well, never mind Singhy! I did actually think you were gona do it in the 1st half but the brummies came out stronger in the second half and I think deserved to go through :whistling:

Aside from Cole's excellent strike I thought they looked flat and deserved to lose. Could see both the goals coming before extra time but the scammers had no answer.

You need to bring in a couple of experienced players to steady things imo.....not a bad side when you're attacking but no idea how to retain possession and frustrate the oposition.

Typical of us this year I thought.

1st half hour we looked fairly comfortable, but 2nd half we were 2nd best and deserved to get beat.

It seems as though they get completely taken by surprise that there is actually another 45 minutes to play, as opposed to sp*rs who regard the 1st half as a kind of warm up and then start to play in the 2nd half!

1st half hour we looked fairly comfortable, but 2nd half we were 2nd best and deserved to get beat.

It seems as though they get completely taken by surprise that there is actually another 45 minutes to play, as opposed to sp*rs who regard the 1st half as a kind of warm up and then start to play in the 2nd half!

Hardly a fair comparison although I can see where you're coming fom. We've started to improve over 90mins the trouble for us is putting the ball in the net.

You don't have that so much as a proclensity to fall apart losing your shape in midfield and allowing teams to cut through like a knife through butter seemingly at will.

Stand by what I said above...you need experience in the midfield to steady things....and a bigger squad of decent players generally. If you don't sign a couple then I reckon its Championship footie for you in August.

Hardly a fair comparison although I can see where you're coming fom. We've started to improve over 90mins the trouble for us is putting the ball in the net.

You don't have that so much as a proclensity to fall apart losing your shape in midfield and allowing teams to cut through like a knife through butter seemingly at will.

Stand by what I said above...you need experience in the midfield to steady things....and a bigger squad of decent players generally. If you don't sign a couple then I reckon its Championship footie for you in August.

yeah I'm not comparing the two squads but rather your ability to react to an average 1st half performance and our inability to carry a good one into the 2nd half. Going off the signings recently made, I mean Demba Ba? <deleted>! I reckon it's the championship in August for sure.

Last night just showed why.

Just seen that Avram was wearing a scarf last night, pretty sure it wasn't the lucky one though as he threw it in the crowd at one of the games, bet he wished he had kept it though ;):D

He may need it before Sunday... With the 'ammers having played extra time they will not only be tired when they play Forest, they may be demoralised as well - so there could be an upset. I would love to see the game, I am a Forest fan but before retiring to LOS I spent most of my life living in Chelmsford and East London, so I have a soft spot for West Ham. It looks like the games not on though - Man City against Notts County is being shown...

Mind you another upset could be on the cards at Craven Cottage as well :whistling::D

He may need it before Sunday... With the 'ammers having played extra time they will not only be tired when they play Forest, they may be demoralised as well - so there could be an upset. I would love to see the game, I am a Forest fan but before retiring to LOS I spent most of my life living in Chelmsford and East London, so I have a soft spot for West Ham. It looks like the games not on though - Man City against Notts County is being shown...

Mind you another upset could be on the cards at Craven Cottage as well :whistling::D

Would that be such an upset. losing away in the cup to a premier league cup. i think not, and personally i don't give a monkeys if we get knocked out.

and personally i don't give a monkeys if we get knocked out.

& there was me thinking the Year had a 1 in it...;)

Gutted about Brum really but in the cold light of day it may be a blessing if we are serious about staying up..

Ba Signs on a 3 Year deal, he has bad Knee & i'm noot a Fan from the Bundesliga Games i've seen him play this Year..

Fingers crossed though..

Gutted about Brum really but in the cold light of day it may be a blessing if we are serious about staying up..

Ba Signs on a 3 Year deal, he has bad Knee & i'm noot a Fan from the Bundesliga Games i've seen him play this Year..

Fingers crossed though..

I think they're already signing players for the championship, Ba from the depths of the ScheisseLiga and O'Neill from boro, hardly big money moves, if Ba gets £200 a week he'll be on more money than he's seen in his life and O'Neill will be ear-marked as the championship version of Parker.

Last time we went down 2bob Terry Brown made more money in the championship than in the prem.

I think they've planned for it (which is sensible given the circumstances) and now they're putting those plans into operation. If by some miracle we do stay up then those two will be players we can just have a wave at as they warm up from the bench.

Fingers crossed though..

Like you Mr Singh. I have to say I am bemused that a Spurs fan would not mind being knocked out of the FA cup by a London Rival. Mind you, after their last 2 performances and now without Bale - maybe its just as well.

Mr Singh, from what you are saying you would also be pleased to be out of it as well to concentrate on the relegation battle - so perhaps I could suggest you support Forest as well :D

It does not look like the game will be shown here in the LOS anyway - a pity ...

Fingers crossed though..

Like you Mr Singh. I have to say I am bemused that a Spurs fan would not mind being knocked out of the FA cup by a London Rival. Mind you, after their last 2 performances and now without Bale - maybe its just as well.

Mr Singh, from what you are saying you would also be pleased to be out of it as well to concentrate on the relegation battle - so perhaps I could suggest you support Forest as well :D

It does not look like the game will be shown here in the LOS anyway - a pity ...

call itvwhat you like dsf. aint gonna be easy COYI

Fingers crossed though..

Bemused you might be but i don't base my aspirations of my team on the back of Chas n Daves songs and the appalling lyrics as singher knows...i think anyway.

If you read my post on our thread you would'nt be so bemused you would understand we have a need to prioritise. ofcourse we don't "want" to be knocked out, its just a case of trying to maximise our chances of a top four.

If we are still in the FA cup come the end of the transfer window and we still have'nt made the marquee signing of someone that can score goals, which is looking increasingly unlikely by the hour, my opinion will change and with it should our priorities.

Edited by carmine

Bemused you might be but i don't base my aspirations of my team on the back of Chas n Daves songs and the appalling lyrics as singher knows...i think anyway.

If you read my post on our thread you would'nt be so bemused you would understand we have a need to prioritise. ofcourse we don't "want" to be knocked out, its just a case of trying to maximise our chances of a top four.

If we are still in the FA cup come the end of the transfer window and we still have'nt made the marquee signing of someone that can score goals, which is looking increasingly unlikely by the hour, my opinion will change and with it should our priorities.

The first team will be out there today carmine so there is your answer. Its our only realistic chance of lifting a trophy and really is this not what its all about?