Visiting visa for family to USA

Wondering if someone can help me. My sibling's marriage to a US citizen few year ago and had a child together, after few year living in Bkk and my sibling's only a person who's working and provide income for family of 3 is getting hard and harder and also she's got a mortgage. they decided to that they want to go to live in USA as they want a child to had a better education in USA.

The truth is out as he's convict a serious crime and serve sentence in USA before he's came to Thailand and marriage my sibling that was reveal by US embassy and it was shocking news for all us.  

The result was her visa is rejected and he's took a child to USA with him and none of these is her fault and the relationship of family only on social media. I don't understand much of this but all I want is see family be together, at lease they should have allow her to visit USA for short visit or to see her child. my question is what sort of visa and how I can help her. as now her anxieties getting worse very depressing to all of us.

Advice please Visa for a month or 2 that would be help.

31 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

How was he able to come to thailand with a visa without a criminal record check. I had to get one for my visa.!

I never had one done. I'm US first visa through Royal Thai Consulate Montgomery AL.

@ Beats56: A visa is going to be hard to get.

Did the father have the mothers permission to take the child out of Thailand and keep him/her there?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, supee said:

they decided to that they want to go to live in USA as they want a child to had a better education in USA. 

Advice please Visa for a month or 2 that would be help.

If they want to go to live in the US, how would getting a visa for a month or two accomplish that.

With all the (rather confusing) issues you describe including a mortgage in Thailand and criminal record, getting anywhere with the US embassy is going to be problematic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shot said:

I never had one done. I'm US first visa through Royal Thai Consulate Montgomery AL.

Did the father have the mothers permission to take the child out of Thailand and keep him/her there?

I had to get one done in Canada. Suprised you didn't have get in the US.

Don't know about the permission usually you do have to get the mothers permission from what have read.

If they want to go to live in the US, how would getting a visa for a month or two accomplish that.
With all the (rather confusing) issues you describe including a mortgage in Thailand and criminal record, getting anywhere with the US embassy is going to be problematic.

After realise what is Adam act is she then known she make a big mistake. Chance to live there she's given up. But why can't she apply for visiting visa?
To get her there and back I can give her all support she needs.
Can she get the child back to live with her?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

She did

On 12/9/2016 at 5:43 AM, supee said:

After realise what is Adam act is she then known she make a big mistake. Chance to live there she's given up. But why can't she apply for visiting visa?
To get her there and back I can give her all support she needs.
Can she get the child back to live with her?

They will not give her a tourist  visa because they dont think she will come back

Since the child's father is a US citizen , I think the child has the right to US citizenship also.

I dont know all the particulars, someone else more educated on the subject might be able to help you there, But if the child becomes a US citizen and is of a certain age, he/she might be able to sponsor the mother for a permanent residency (Green Card)

If not now at some future time. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sirineou said:

They will not give her a tourist  visa because they dont think she will come back

Since the child's father is a US citizen , I think the child has the right to US citizenship also.

I dont know all the particulars, someone else more educated on the subject might be able to help you there, But if the child becomes a US citizen and is of a certain age, he/she might be able to sponsor the mother for a permanent residency (Green Card)

If not now at some future time. 

Husband can do the same thing even if he is a convicted felon. The process is pretty long and very time consuming and costly, but if the rules are followed to a T, its pretty much guaranteed. Regardless of criminal history. 

USA wil not interfere with husband/wife/family unless its an extreme case. 

Sounds like she was denied a tourist visa, and thats gonna be hard to get. 

But yeah the child is eligible for citizenship and can sponsor the mother as an adult as some point, worst case. 

Edited by Strange
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thanyaburi Mac said:

The "at some point" is when the child is no longer a child, but 21 years old!

Mac

Yep, but who knows the background story and how things ended up like this. Husband can sponsor B-2 as a felon and IR-1 as a felon. No problems at all. 

B-2 is hard to get if she can't prove enough ties to Thailand. IR-1 is pretty much guaranteed if they take the time to do it. 

But end of the day its going to take ALOT of work and commitment from both spouses for either visa. 

Thank you all very much for all the advise given.  all  are useful information that can help and guide me me to right directions.

my sibling had a good job in bkk and she's stay in same job nearly 20 years it's not a massive incomes but it's reasonable for living life in bkk and she's very well educated. I myself live abroad and I do miss my families but I am in the position where I can go to visit them in Thailand anytime. but for her to be apart from family that she's only just built on solid ground of love and innocently  been destroy and too away from small little sweet child it's really heart broken for me to watch this going on. that's why I want to sponsor her travel just to see her happy.

8 minutes ago, supee said:

Thank you all very much for all the advise given.  all  are useful information that can help and guide me me to right directions.

my sibling had a good job in bkk and she's stay in same job nearly 20 years it's not a massive incomes but it's reasonable for living life in bkk and she's very well educated. I myself live abroad and I do miss my families but I am in the position where I can go to visit them in Thailand anytime. but for her to be apart from family that she's only just built on solid ground of love and innocently  been destroy and too away from small little sweet child it's really heart broken for me to watch this going on. that's why I want to sponsor her travel just to see her happy.

If she has a good job, been there 20 years, the company she works for can write an employment letter stating salary and what not, and provide proof of being paid by that company via bank records, every month etc.. Thats very good. 

If she owns a house, in her name, even if its mortgaged, in her name, then thats great too because it proves she needs to get back to thailand to work and pay her bills. 

If what you are saying is true, then if the Husband wants to sponsor her B-2 Visa, it should not be a problem. But you have to understand that the US is not Thailand. If you don't check ALL of their boxes, you will not get the visa. 

However, there is nothing that YOU can do to help other than pay for visa fees. The US embassy does not care about you, or the husband, in considering her for the visa. Its 100% the wife that has to prove to the US embassy that she has enough ties to Thailand to return. The husband only sponsors and takes responsibility. Proves that he can support her as well. But all the money in the world will not get her a visa and all the sympathy in the world will not get her a visa if she can not prove to the embassy she has more reason to return to Thailand than stay in the USA and honestly thats gonna be hard. But it can be done. 

As far as everything else you said. I would be interested to hear both sides of any story before making an opinion but you coming out with him being a "convict" like somehow he is undeserving of his lot in life - that is not helping. 

6 hours ago, Strange said:
6 hours ago, Strange said:

If she has a good job, been there 20 years, the company she works for can write an employment letter stating salary and what not, and provide proof of being paid by that company via bank records, every month etc.. Thats very good. 

If she owns a house, in her name, even if its mortgaged, in her name, then thats great too because it proves she needs to get back to thailand to work and pay her bills. 

If what you are saying is true, then if the Husband wants to sponsor her B-2 Visa, it should not be a problem. But you have to understand that the US is not Thailand. If you don't check ALL of their boxes, you will not get the visa. 

However, there is nothing that YOU can do to help other than pay for visa fees. The US embassy does not care about you, or the husband, in considering her for the visa. Its 100% the wife that has to prove to the US embassy that she has enough ties to Thailand to return. The husband only sponsors and takes responsibility. Proves that he can support her as well. But all the money in the world will not get her a visa and all the sympathy in the world will not get her a visa if she can not prove to the embassy she has more reason to return to Thailand than stay in the USA and honestly thats gonna be hard. But it can be done. 

As far as everything else you said. I would be interested to hear both sides of any story before making an opinion but you coming out with him being a "convict" like somehow he is undeserving of his lot in life - that is not helping. 

Superb strange, that's very helpful. as I know, no one is perfect we all done silly things in life that's including myself what's ever he's done in the part it's the part everyone deserve second chance. will look to the B 2 visa perhaps read more advise. Thank you all so much.

Edited by supee

Who Is Not Eligible for a Passport

Felony drug convictions

Certain other drug convictions

Child support cases

Unpaid federal loans

Being a minor who does not have parental consent to obtain a passport

Basically it seems that as long as a convicted felon meets certain criteria the passport application process is straightforward.  The sites I read suggest the person can not or at least should not be on parole or probation and has proof from the court that all things are settled.

But as others have said, getting the passport doesn't mean the person will be let in to the country they want to travel to.  Even if just getting a visa exemption on arrival with no advance computer checks, you might get turned around upon arrival.  It might be better to try to get a SETV tourist visa in advance and see if the Thai system rejects you.  If it does, well, you are out a few bucks.  If it doesn't, you still have the risk of being turned around upon entry.

Edited by gk10002000