I Want To Extend My 60day Tourist Visa

I would like to extend my 60 day tourist visa by 30 days.

When do I need to apply for it - on the last day or the day before ?

Also, is the immigration office in Bangkok open on Saturdays and Sundays ?

Are there any restrictions on the hours for applications and picking up passports ?

How long does it take to process ?

I called the office however the silly automated phone system got stuck in a loop !

Thanks

Frank

Immigration is not open on weekends and is closed on holidays. Hours are 0830-1630. Extension of stay will require your passport, copies (copy shop across roads knows what you need) which are probably front page/visa/entry stamp and copy of arrival card. A 4x6cm photo to attach to the TM.7 form (which you can download fill or do at office and payment of 1,900 baht. Normally takes less than an hour and can be done early as the extension starts at the end of your current permitted to stay stamp.

I would like to extend my 60 day tourist visa by 30 days.

When do I need to apply for it - on the last day or the day before ?

Also, is the immigration office in Bangkok open on Saturdays and Sundays ?

Are there any restrictions on the hours for applications and picking up passports ?

How long does it take to process ?

I called the office however the silly automated phone system got stuck in a loop !

Thanks

Frank

When can we apply for this extension, only on the last day or ???

I presently stay here on a tourist visa, I had a double tourist visa, it says: good for two journeys, this visa must be utilized before 25-01-2007.

I arrived on 3. of november and the visa is valid until 1.january, and I would like to have the 1 month extension before utilizing visa nr.2

Can I get the 1 month extension say thursday the 28. december ??

Thank you for any advice

North :o

Application for an extension can be within the last 30 days of your current permission to stay.

So if the visa is valid until 1st Jan you can apply now and the extension will be valid for 30 days from the 1st Jan, until the 30th Jan if my maths is correct - can never cope with day of arrival and day of departure bit as I only have 20 fingers and toes.

When you get off BTS go to Silom Center side. Get a taxi from in front of Silom Center and ask to go to Soi Suan Plu.

Turn left on Convent, turn left on Sathorn, make U turn in front of French Embassy, next left is Suan Plu. Immigration is just past Soi 8

TH

Edited by thaihome