If a Non-B Visa expires, is the Work Permit automatically invalidated?

My wifes' ex-Boss has allowed his Non-B Visa to expire and left Thailand to return on a 30 Visa Exempt entry.

The chap has a Work Permit and I would like to enquire if that Work Permit automatically becomes invalid when the Visa expires?

I realise that he will have to exit Thailand again and apply for a new Non-B outside Thailand but I am not sure if he will need to apply for a new Work Permit once he has the new Visa.

Patrick

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no automatic cancellation.  

Technically it would not be valid since he does not have a non immigrant visa. 

Thanks for the reply UJ, however I am not quite clear what you mean by "technically it would not be valid since he does not have an Immigrant Visa".!

I guess my main query is, once he gets a new Non-B can he simply continue to use the "old" Work Permit or does he have to start from scratch and apply for a new one?

Patrick

14 minutes ago, p_brownstone said:

Thanks for the reply UJ, however I am not quite clear what you mean by "technically it would not be valid since he does not have an Immigrant Visa".!

I guess my main query is, once he gets a new Non-B can he simply continue to use the "old" Work Permit or does he have to start from scratch and apply for a new one?

Patrick

I trying to say it would not be cancelled because he has a visa exempt entry. Only if a spot check at his work place for visas and work permits could there be a problem.

He can get another non-b visa and continue to use his work permit.

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I trying to say it would not be cancelled because he has a visa exempt entry. Only if a spot check at his work place for visas and work permits could there be a problem.

He can get another non-b visa and continue to use his work permit.

OK, I understand - many thanks!

Patrick