Run In With A Thai

dave111223

Some good replys on this thread , the revenge comments I feel are made by those who would have wet their panties in any real confrontation.

Deal with the the reality of the situation.

I have been here off and on for 10 years . Had two instances with Thai guys , where I ate it.

One was a bar owner who was upset with me cause I walked into his place and took a girl out w/o drinking anything , he got in my face about it.

One was a motorcycle taxi guy trying to charge me more than our agreed upon price.

In the big picture , these were small nothing instances - so I let them flow like water off a ducks back.

They easily could have gotten a bit out of control.

The world I grew up in , if that world followed me here - things would have been very different.

This were verbal altercations with the possible threat of violence , I stood down - but would have and was more than willing to defend myself.

My concern is just that , defending yourself against someone waving a stick at you.

I really wanted to know what calling the cops would do as we may all be in a similar positon one day.

Recieving an admonishment from a sexpat, Gotta love it!!!

Far from it clown , I live here with my family.

But keep up the revenge suggestions - reality is the OP lives in the same building with the pickup truck guy , so any dumb stuff like an ice pick in the tire would only be throwing flames on the fire.

Edited by Vespa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate,

there are pcirks like him the world over. Revenge is a dish best served cold (and slowly).

Here's what you do. Buy a spray bottle (same as the ones for spraying water whilst ironing)(ask the wife what ironing is) :o Buy some brake fluid. Put the brack fluid in the spray bottle and spray his car at all available moments (casually as you are passing or from your balcony)

Wait about 3 months............... then check out his face as the paint on the pick up peels off!!

""""""(:D@

Mate,

there are pcirks like him the world over. Revenge is a dish best served cold (and slowly).

Here's what you do. Buy a spray bottle (same as the ones for spraying water whilst ironing)(ask the wife what ironing is) :o Buy some brake fluid. Put the brack fluid in the spray bottle and spray his car at all available moments (casually as you are passing or from your balcony)

Wait about 3 months............... then check out his face as the paint on the pick up peels off!!

""""""(:D@

Until the brake fluid fired from the balcony hits some little kid in the eye. :D

1. Don't do anything. Don't be an idiot and turn this into some petty war.

He might be willing to go a lot further than your are.

2. I think its important to recognise yes the person is Thai. But how much is it a 'Thai issue' this could of happened anywhere in the world. People like him are everywhere!

Exactly...a prick is a prick anywhere is the world... :o

I can't believe the amount of people that think revenge is the way to go..

OP has paid... closure in my book.

Revenge can be a never ending cycle, who wants that ??

My thoughts initially were to get the police involved, but maybe that would lead to repercussions, and not just in Thailand either. You try calling the police in the UK when a particularly aggressive neighbour is being annoying, it won't come without some sort of trouble after..

just a thought

totster :o

Dangerous to one's karma to let it lie; it will always be there niggling away at you. Short of spreading his nose across his face in front of his missus, which would probably have repercussions, the ole key down the flank from motosai after moving out is a nice one, easy to carry out and guaranteed to cause optimum stress for aforementioned tit. :o

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''

Winston Churchill, 29 October, 1941, to the boys at Churchill's old public [private] school, Harrow.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''

Winston Churchill, 29 October, 1941, to the boys at Churchill's old public [private] school, Harrow.

I think the words 'good sense' are integral to this situation

I agree that revenge is sorely tempting - perhaps a broken off tooth pick wedged in keyholes. However, I've had effective experiences with calling Tourist Police in tight spots - particularly when I've been treated unfairly by merchant.

As for fisticuffs; there is no such thing as a fair fight here. In other words, if you smack the guy down (in a western country) that might be the end of it. The loser's ego and body might get bruised and he dusts himself off and is gone with a few expletives tossed your way. Can never happen like that in Thailand. The guy will come back at you sooner or later to cause damage - with nary a thought about fairness and no qualms about fighting dirty or having his buddies do the dirty work.

I can't believe the amount of people that think revenge is the way to go..

OP has paid... closure in my book.

Revenge can be a never ending cycle, who wants that ??

My thoughts initially were to get the police involved, but maybe that would lead to repercussions, and not just in Thailand either. You try calling the police in the UK when a particularly aggressive neighbour is being annoying, it won't come without some sort of trouble after..

just a thought

totster :o

A second sensible reply ... :D

I have read all the wonderful stories about how to take revenge.

However think carefully, it is not worth risking the health of yourself, your partner, and your property.

Brush off the incident, it was only 250 Baht.

The best thing to have done would have been to let your Thai partner deal with the whole matter, and not have gotten involved, even in the cleaning or the financial pay-out.

Very Funny.

This post should have been posted in the Joke Section.

I have read all the wonderful stories about how to take revenge.

However think carefully, it is not worth risking the health of yourself, your partner, and your property.

Brush off the incident, it was only 250 Baht.

The best thing to have done would have been to let your Thai partner deal with the whole matter, and not have gotten involved, even in the cleaning or the financial pay-out.

Very Funny.

This post should have been posted in the Joke Section.

very bloke like reply GF. :o

"Never give in--never, never, never, never...Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''

Yeah, I'd say this, too, if I knew I had the might of the United States military to back me up (promised in private by Roosevelt). The premise is too faulty to make a good analogy (unless your wife's brother is a general).

Edited by toptuan

• Calling the Police? You're an outsider in this country. Don't forget it. The odds are stacked against you.
  • Revenge? You'll perpetuate a cycle that'll never stop until someone is seriously hurt or dead. Lesson in point: Iraqi factions, Israel-Palestinian conflict
  • Lose a couple battles, but win the war. The battles: petty incidents like this. The war: your longterm safety and well-being; and maturity to rise above petty people prone to violence and force to make a petty point.

Guys Please... I think all the younger bucks are suffering with high testosterone levels..Violence and Revenge is utterly Stupid never achives anything except a One Way Ticket Out of the LOS..

By all means vent your spleens but read some of your comments..Like a Bunch of school boys arguing over marbles in a school yard and you call yourselves MEN !!!!

Dangerous to one's karma to let it lie; it will always be there niggling away at you. Short of spreading his nose across his face in front of his missus, which would probably have repercussions, the ole key down the flank from motosai after moving out is a nice one, easy to carry out and guaranteed to cause optimum stress for aforementioned tit. :o

Do you think revenge has anything to do with karma?

Harbouring thoughts for revenge will eat you up far more than letting the matter go and getting on with your life.

Guys Please... I think all the younger bucks are suffering with high testosterone levels..Violence and Revenge is utterly Stupid never achives anything except a One Way Ticket Out of the LOS..

By all means vent your spleens but read some of your comments..Like a Bunch of school boys arguing over marbles in a school yard and you call yourselves MEN !!!!

Despite the fact I agree with Black Duck, the creativity displayed by the tit-for-tat posters was marvelous! :o

calling the cops would have worked, in as far as it would prevent any grief in future.

As a farang, you are higher up the food chain than a pick up driver. The fact that he gets worked up about the car simply reflects that this is all he has got (as an observation...our guard downstairs is forever cleaning his tiny motor bike).

Having said that though, the copper probably would have insisted that you fork over 250 to the bloke, call it 'sundry and miscellaneous costs' as a token of compensation for you dirtying his car. I mean, no matter how much you cleaned it, he would have re-cleaned it again anyway...so you'd be compensating him for that extra work. But, with the coppers involved, if the bloke got angry again without cause, you'd be in the clear.

Remember this peoples, as a farang, in the scheme of things, you are above most and perceived 'equal' to a middle class Thai. Most people here only experience the negative side of things (ie...walking ATM machine, easy scam target etc etc). Big deal, many richer Thai's have leaches of poorer relatives who try it on all the time.

However, you also get the chance to be snobbish and uppity (if you so choose) when dealing with idiots and scumbags. Do it calmly though. Flout your status. You call the cop. You control the situation. Watch the little bloke shit his pants. It works, and it is fun.

How did you say you have lived here for? You should know better :o

calling the cops would have worked, in as far as it would prevent any grief in future.

As a farang, you are higher up the food chain than a pick up driver. The fact that he gets worked up about the car simply reflects that this is all he has got (as an observation...our guard downstairs is forever cleaning his tiny motor bike).

Having said that though, the copper probably would have insisted that you fork over 250 to the bloke, call it 'sundry and miscellaneous costs' as a token of compensation for you dirtying his car. I mean, no matter how much you cleaned it, he would have re-cleaned it again anyway...so you'd be compensating him for that extra work. But, with the coppers involved, if the bloke got angry again without cause, you'd be in the clear.

Remember this peoples, as a farang, in the scheme of things, you are above most and perceived 'equal' to a middle class Thai. Most people here only experience the negative side of things (ie...walking ATM machine, easy scam target etc etc). Big deal, many richer Thai's have leaches of poorer relatives who try it on all the time.

However, you also get the chance to be snobbish and uppity (if you so choose) when dealing with idiots and scumbags. Do it calmly though. Flout your status. You call the cop. You control the situation. Watch the little bloke shit his pants. It works, and it is fun.

How did you say you have lived here for? You should know better :o

Samran is Thai :D

In amongst all the joking around and occasional buffoonery, this is probably the best "serious" post on the subject so far.

What you need to do with this guy is offer to take him out for a drink and to forget all about it, get him drunk, drug him then take him home, put him to bed and then while he is sleeping get a condom out of a packet, put a teaspoon of clear shower gel in the condom and then using a biro pen poke the condom half way up his bum so the end is sticking out.

When he wakes up he will think that he has been bummed by you :D - trust me it's a winner :D

Happened to ..erm .. a friend of mine :o on his stag do.

What you need to do with this guy is offer to take him out for a drink and to forget all about it, get him drunk, drug him then take him home, put him to bed and then while he is sleeping get a condom out of a packet, put a teaspoon of clear shower gel in the condom and then using a biro pen poke the condom half way up his bum so the end is sticking out.

When he wakes up he will think that he has been bummed by you :D - trust me it's a winner :D

For best results spray a little 'deep heat' around the bumhole. :D

:D

In amongst all the joking around and occasional buffoonery, this is probably the best "serious" post on the subject so far.

Agreed.

This thread is so typical farang. A farang gets shafted and everyone gets together so scheme insidious internet revenge plans. (avoiding direct confrontation naturally)

The guy knew you were a pushover and he cashed in on it.

Either you pay up or you go the distance.

You will never get any respect from the Thai .......

Edited by PeaceBlondie
Racial slur against Thais

Force their hand and make them speak english (you are the one that is paying) or make them speak Thai to you (if you can speak Thai).
I don't think you could make anyone speak English if they can't, dude, and no need to 'make' them speak Thai, Thais do so anyway. :D
I have ALWAYS found I achieve more on my own (I do speak pretty good Thai if the need arises) than if you have a subservaint female to negotiate.

Thais are pre-conditioned to believe anything that another (percieved higher in class) Thai says to them. Women especially are bad negotiators since any man is higher (generally).

Oh man, you know so little. :o

This thread is so typical farang. A farang gets shafted and everyone gets together so scheme insidious internet revenge plans. (avoiding direct confrontation naturally)

The guy knew you were a pushover and he cashed in on it.

Either you pay up or you go the distance.

You will never get any respect from the Thai <deleted> that way.

Sooo true, I've seen farngs being pushovers, too.

"Avoiding confrontation" is supposed to be one of these deplorable Thai traits, isn't it? :o

:D :D

I must say at this juncture of the thread that this post by Mr Helicopter made me laugh so hard that I very nearly peed my pants ... :D

I'm not sure whether it was my imagination picturing the said operation that caused my guffaws or just the mere mention of the word 'bummed' which I have'nt heard for many a year ... whatever the finite reason for my amusement I would like to thank you Mr Helicopter for lightening my day ... :D

:D:D:D