Getting Chinese Visa...

AndyGZ

I'm living in China and have residence permit for foreigners. My friend's coming to visit me and we're heading to Pattaya,but the problem's that - he got chinese business F visa in Russia with one entry. We planned to go to Thailand on December 30, but he's arriving in China on the 23-rd. The common practice in China will take 5 working days to 1 week to get new visa and they don't provide it faster, even for extra RMB! We can submit all the documents only on 25. Of course I'll try to push immigration department to get it faster - we'll provide some explanatory documents,but who knows...this is China!!! :o

In case if we're behind the schedule, can anyone advice where in Pattaya can we apply for the chinese visa and how long time will it take to get one?

Thx!!!

Edited by AndyGZ

I'm living in China and have residence permit for foreigners. My friend's coming to visit me and we're heading to Pattaya,but the problem's that - he got chinese business F visa in Russia with one entry. We planned to go to Thailand on December 30, but he's arriving in China on the 23-rd. The common practice in China will take 5 working days to 1 week to get new visa and they don't provide it faster, even for extra RMB! We can submit all the documents only on 25. Of course I'll try to push immigration department to get it faster - we'll provide some explanatory documents,but who knows...this is China!!! :o

In case if we're behind the schedule, can anyone advice where in Pattaya can we apply for the chinese visa and how long time will it take to get one?

Thx!!!

THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND

Ambassador: Zhang Jiuheng

Address: 57, Ratchadapisake Road, Bangkok, 10310

Tel: +66-0-2247-7554

Fax: +66-0-22468247

E-mail: [email protected]

Google provided the above. Sugggest you phone, fax or E-mail them. I'd like to know how you get on.

Not sure where you are in China, but if you can go back via Hong Kong or Macao you can get one from China Travel Service next day (even the same day some times) The quicker the service the more you pay

THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND

Google provided the above. Sugggest you phone, fax or E-mail them. I'd like to know how you get on.

Not sure where you are in China, but if you can go back via Hong Kong or Macao you can get one from China Travel Service next day (even the same day some times) The quicker the service the more you pay

We go directly from Guangzhou and the same way back. Can any tourist agent in Pattaya make visa, while we're having a blast around Pattaya, because we didn't plan to stay in Bangkok!!!

THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND

We go directly from Guangzhou and the same way back. Can any tourist agent in Pattaya make visa, while we're having a blast around Pattaya, because we didn't plan to stay in Bangkok!!!

Sorry Andy. Can't help with that one. Can only repeat conact Chinese Embassy. They may know which agent they deal with.

With a letter of invitation from a China based company, I applied for a one year multi entry and collected it that afternoon. If I recall it was about 4500baht.

It's no problem....I can make an invitattion letter from my company. Moreover, I always do it for my friends and this case is no exception,but we have really tight deadline and Im afraid Guangzhou Immigration Department won't issue it on time. We're going to show tickets and hotel booking paper and prepare some explanation note,but still...it's China!!!

Where did you apply - in Bangkok? Can anyone advice such service in Pattaya?

Just back from Bangkok with my Chinese visa.

Can get it on the same day when asking for a RUSH visa.

Need 2X 2 inch passport photo's, Application form, Baht 3,000(just under as visa fee and rush fee), and of course your passport with completely blank page (no blank page = no visa). This for a dual entry 6 month visa. Of course can get single entry and multiple. Apparently multiples not issued if first visit to China.

Get off BTS at Asoke station (Sukumvit) and get on underground train to Phra Ram 9 (Rama 9) station (better to get off here than the "Thailand Culteral Centre" stop usually stated on general websites for the Chinese Embassy as you don't go to the actual embassy). After exit walk down road towards Tesco Lotus and it's on the same side of the road. Not the actual embassy, but Building AA, 2nd floor. Opens between 9am and 11am and can return to pick up passport at 3pm the same day, if asked to do so.

Check 082 245 0088 (other numbers usually a recording) in case embassy closed Otherwise not much point ringing embassy really as rude man may answer 1 or 2 questions and then hang up or only get a recording. My 2 emails were never answered either. Process was easy and straightforward. At 9am the doors are opened and everyone rushes up the stairs to take a ticket and wait.

Can get application form off internet at www.chinaembassy.or.th and choose English (found it loaded quicker this way)

This is all 100% accurate as I just went this last Monday, 4 days ago.

To Bangkok and back in 1 day by bus with an early start, all done.

Edited by twix38

Apparently multiples not issued if first visit to China

Not true. I got a one year multi entry at first time of trying.

I did have an invitation though from a Company based in China, that may make a difference.

Depends on your nationality and supporting documents you provide!!! Ususally, my Russian friends get F (business) visa for 3 months with 3 entries, even with invitation letter from my company.

That's PRC Policy!!! :o

Apparently multiples not issued if first visit to China

Not true. I got a one year multi entry at first time of trying.

I did have an invitation though from a Company based in China, that may make a difference.

Yes, of course that did make the difference.

• 3 weeks later...