Crackdown on Drug Will begin on Jan. 1

geovalin

The government is to launch a six-month campaign against drugs, starting next month. The move was announced as the government admitted that trafficking has not fallen and that drug use is rising and spreading from the  cities to rural areas. Interior Minister Sar Kheng will take the role of campaign president. Deputy Prime Minister Ke Kim Yan, president of the National Authority for Combating Drugs (NACD), will be vice-president. 

The campaign starts on January 1. The plan, signed by Prime Minister Hun Sen on Tuesday, said the rising drug use brought increases in crime and traffic accidents.

This year, police and the military tackled 4,191 cases and arrested 9,802 people, including 3,611 drug users, and seized more than 175 kilograms of drugs. Mr. Hun Sen has ordered national and regional officials to strengthen law enforcement on drug control and to implement administrative measures strictly.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/33184/crackdown-on-drug-scourge/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 15/12

I'm always amazed how dumb Westerners are who come to Thailand do pot, cocaine, yaba whatever....  

it's a death wish, and there is no age limit on stupidity.

But when the person spends all day drinking, chasing bar girls, worrying about money, i can imagine this is a gateway to worse stuff.  definitely not better stuff.  

6 hours ago, puukao said:

I'm always amazed how dumb Westerners are who come to Thailand do pot, cocaine, yaba whatever....  

But when the person spends all day drinking, chasing bar girls, worrying about money, i can imagine this is a gateway to worse stuff.  definitely not better stuff.  

Talking of stupidity, this is Cambodia, not Thailand....    :stoner:

A good friend and a well known expat bought coke off Nigerians took 2 hookers to the Nana hotel and he and one hooker were dead within 30 mins and he was in his thirties and married to a farang
Never buy from these people you don't know what you will get

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, mcfish said:

A good friend and a well known expat bought coke off Nigerians took 2 hookers to the Nana hotel and he and one hooker were dead within 30 mins and he was in his thirties and married to a farang

sounds like battery acid and yes it can kill.

8 hours ago, puukao said:

Death wish?  Gateway?  Stupidity?  Thailand?  Are you still watching those ads from the 1970s and 80s?

Worrying about money, and chasing girls is a gateway?  "(D)o pot?  Easy there Saint zyphobia.  We should go out sometime!

1 hour ago, mcfish said:

Buy only from Thais, and get a copy of their house book first.

10 hours ago, puukao said:

Frist people do what they want as long as they do not hurt anyone, second this is about Cambodia, Third, how stupid can anybody be to keep fighting drugs when knowing that the war is definitively lost ! But you fear that your kids take drugs ? Try to educate the right way and they won't become more drug addict that what you are alcoholic !