Just back from BKK Imm. for non O (M) - FYI

Here is some information some of you may find helpful.

Non O, BKK Marriage

3rd extension, married in Thailand four years and together sevrn. No huge surprises, it does get easier and faster.

Kor Ror 2, second year (100%) no need for update, they wanted copy of original. I'll still bring an update ?

No selfie photos. We took a photo in front of the door to the flat. She said she'd take it this time, new rule - no selfies. Ironically, all other photos were self shot just not holding the camera.

Last year, they did not take photo in front of our dressers full of clothes, thus year they did. On the bed, on the sofa, in front of the door, in from of bldg with address. None of the wedding photos ever taken (nice to include anyway).

Make a copy of wife's housebook in full, but also just top page, her page and back page is only needed.

Her passport photocopy, never taken sll three years - but I include with her US visa just for show.

SCB gave me a form letter which was new, in Thai and did not include my address or something else, I forget. Anyway it being new, I was concerned but was fine. They also gave me a printout of 90 day bal prior. So, if you only want 60 make a note. The extra sheet was a nice, official touch.

I included some mail photocopies that came to flat. Last year they did not take them, this year they did. For wife, self.

First year our flat agreement gave us a bit of grief, but ok two years now since. Always accompanied by letter stating x years occupancy, our names, room. Signed admin and managers ID photocopy.

The second woman doing the double check was actually nice to us.

Once we got to the table, things went quickly.

Thats it, good luck.

Edited by ozmeldo

And you have to go through most of this E V E R Y single year, not to mention all the reporting. Like what's going to change! I did it for a decade. It's enough to make one throw up a bit in one's mouth. I wonder if they will ever ease up and join the rest of the world for those who are legitimately married with kids etc.

• Like 2

You know, it's really no big deal. Each time they've accepted the paperwork. There's no difference between the marriage and retirement visa save for a few bits of paper and an addl 10k that needs to be sitting in a sketchy Thai bank doing nothing. My wife is happy to go with me and the paperwork is put together is s few hours.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NOTHING

Yeah, give me a five year visa, but I'm ok with the paperwork.

You want to whinge? Reporting every 90 days. That's ridiculous.

Retirement visa is also NON immigrant, non residence so before all you speshul snowflakes start feeling like winners, put it in perspective.

It's only a matter of time till they realize that 75% of the people affirming at embassies 65k monthly income is a huge lie and it will be a million in the bank for all.

8 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

You know, it's really no big deal. Each time they've accepted the paperwork. There's no difference between the marriage and retirement visa save for a few bits of paper and an addl 10k that needs to be sitting in a sketchy Thai bank doing nothing. My wife is happy to go with me and the paperwork is put together is s few hours.

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT NOTHING

Yeah, give me a five year visa, but I'm ok with the paperwork.

You want to whinge? Reporting every 90 days. That's ridiculous.

Retirement visa is also NON immigrant, non residence so before all you speshul snowflakes start feeling like winners, put it in perspective.

It's only a matter of time till they realize that 75% of the people affirming at embassies 65k monthly income is a huge lie and it will be a million in the bank for all.

Unless you want to work in Thailand, what is the advantage of not being "NON_IMMIGRANT" as a retiree.

For the Thai immigration to revoke the embassy letters would involve a huge declaration of no-confidence in the countries involved.   As a matter of fact, immigration have asked for backup documentation for embassy letters in the past.

The difference in cash tied up is 400,000Baht.  Retirement has no requirement for cash in a Thai bank if the income method is used.

I appreciate it is no big deal for you, and that's great.  I only add this reply for the benefit of future readers :)

5 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

Income method ?
Don't u need proof of earnings for that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proof requirement varies from embassy to embassy.  You need to check with your own country's embassy :)

16 hours ago, jadee said:

Do you mean that people lie to their embassies about their monthly income? What makes you think so many people do this? Do they just forge documents about how much their pensions are?

If you are a UK citizen then you have to send the original yearly statement of your pension from the pension fund trustees, or who ever administers your pension, which is returned to you with the letter from the embassy saying that your have provided them with evidence of your monthly/yearly pension income.

Other countries might employ a more lax approach but if they do I would be surprised if the Thais allow that to continue indefinitely.