Pattaya to Siem Reap

fdbob

1 hour ago, Langsuan Man said:

Traveling Member

Do you know of any bus that crosses an international border (other than in the EU) that doesn't stop at the border ?

Last time I did this trip you had to get off the bus in town, take a tuk tuk to the border, cross, then find transport there.  The bus never crossed the border.  Yes, I've taken MANY buses that cross international borders.  Like you say, some stop, some don't.  And some can't cross!  Like Montenegro to Albania, etc.

ALL BUS"S stop at the border,some wait for u to clear immigration....some....

u could,take a local bus Pattaya to Chantaburi- Than local bus to Pong Nam Rong-tuk tuk to Palin Border,walk across

Shared taxi to Battambang; stay the night

next day bus or shared taxi to SR

I also HATE Poi Pet

You used to be able to book right through with one of the many Pattaya travel agents....

Mini-bus to the border - walk through - then hope your onward bus was waiting the other side.. (I've heard some reports that there is nothing and end up sharing a taxi - other reports say fine).

6 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Last time I did this trip you had to get off the bus in town, take a tuk tuk to the border, cross, then find transport there.  The bus never crossed the border.  Yes, I've taken MANY buses that cross international borders.  Like you say, some stop, some don't.  And some can't cross!  Like Montenegro to Albania, etc.

if you go by bus from BKK you can take a bus that goes to Rongklua, ie stops in town (Aran) and continues to

Rongklua, the big market by the border. About 150-200 meters to walk from where the bus stops to the border.

There is a mini bus service from Pattaya to Poi Pet with a change of bus at the Cambodian side taking you to Siem Reap . You can buy a package ticket forth and back at Pattaya Klang just before the Beach Road on the right hand side if you ar facing the sea.  It was a good experience we did it a year ago... The trip is about 7 hours...

Regards and enjoy...

There are now (at least) 3 different companies that offer DIRECT bus from BKK to SR-that means they drop you off before Thai border and pick up after KHmer formalities-in SAME bus-all are big size neat AC-1st class standard. 2 from 3 from Mochit (BoKoSo-affiliate Nattakan and now also the luxury Giantibis-can book online), nr 3 is the ill-reputed Virak Bungkram from the Khao Sarn area(or so) google for s site like movetocambodia.blogspot which has extensive info on all in some blogs.

From PTY (and I really wonder why people here ask and why someone like HKT richie answers) simply ask WHEN THERE from any local agent. Surely there are numerous (as borderrunner or not) vans to not just Poipet but also other borderspots-but the tricky thing is then transpo in KHmerland after.

Flying; the expensive BKKair and ow also AirAsia from either BKK and DMK-obviously BKK=swampy is best to reach from PTY. The quoted other KHmer airline cancels more often as not and mainly seems to only fly when they have a large grouptravel anyway and a few spare seats-as happens so often in this tavelworld and what TV-users seem unable to even grasp.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:05 PM, asanee said:

There are now (at least) 3 different companies that offer DIRECT bus from BKK to SR-that means they drop you off before Thai border and pick up after KHmer formalities-in SAME bus-all are big size neat AC-1st class standard. 2 from 3 from Mochit (BoKoSo-affiliate Nattakan and now also the luxury Giantibis-can book online), nr 3 is the ill-reputed Virak Bungkram from the Khao Sarn area(or so) google for s site like movetocambodia.blogspot which has extensive info on all in some blogs.

From PTY (and I really wonder why people here ask and why someone like HKT richie answers) simply ask WHEN THERE from any local agent. Surely there are numerous (as borderrunner or not) vans to not just Poipet but also other borderspots-but the tricky thing is then transpo in KHmerland after.

Flying; the expensive BKKair and ow also AirAsia from either BKK and DMK-obviously BKK=swampy is best to reach from PTY. The quoted other KHmer airline cancels more often as not and mainly seems to only fly when they have a large grouptravel anyway and a few spare seats-as happens so often in this tavelworld and what TV-users seem unable to even grasp.

I went last week with Thai Smile from BKK, cheaper than Air Asia at 5000 baht return. Air Asia advertises a cheaper flight but you get hit with add ons. A lot more convenient than overland, flight about 50 minutes and VOA took about 10 minutes.

Archived