Rocky Balboa - The Final Movie (we Pray)

kayo

The first trailer is out for the Last Rocky Picture Movie.

Rocky Balboa

First Trailer (official trailer - posted on YouTube)

Possibly one of the earliest public reviews says:

A fantastic FINALE to the Saga - 4th December 2006

(from the Internet Movie Database website : www.imdb.com)

I had the opportunity to see a screening of this movie. Having been thoroughly disappointed with Rocky five, I didn't have high hopes for this movie. I am very happy to say this movie brings the Rocky series to the rightful close that the fifth left so empty. This movie isn't so much about the boxing itself, but getting back to the roots of the Rocky story...that determination and courage with the love and help of others makes Rocky a winner no matter what.

This movie is rated PG, and parents will be happy to see that the graphic nature of boxing has been toned down quite a bit in this movie compared to others in the series. If you're looking for a touching family movie with a powerful message, Rocky Balboa is definitely a movie to see. I think adults and children over the age of 10 will throughly enjoy this movie.

My own early opinions:

Rocky five was crap. The series is also a minor legend of the past thirty years. And all expected jokes aside, let's not forget that Rocky got three major oscars, seven nominations too and due to that first movie, we've been subjected to good ol' Sly for the past thirty years.

So the Rocky movies should have some decent closure.

From what I've been reading, Sly reckons it does too.

The plot outlines: A news network holds CG fantasy boxing matches, pitting CG heros of yonder year against current champions. Bottom Line: Current Champs are pussyar.sed compared to the Hwieght champions of the past. "Rocky, our legendary hero of twenty years ago, would easily beat today's heavywieght", their CG fantasy league says.

And word gets out to Rocky, who's lost his wife over the years, but not his old coach Paulie (Burt whathisname -great guy imho)... bada bing bada bam... Rocky goes back one last time.

Not necessarily to win. He's to old for that. But maybe just to redeem himself. To show he's not to old to still fight with the best. To have something worth living for.

A case of Expect the worst, but maybe.. juuuuust maybe, we might get something decent. Predictable, but decent.

Let's see.

News and views here!