Non O based on marraige Savan

I have just returned and there were no problems at all for this visa. No financials needed. 

A word of warning tho......Get there early as it was packed...Well over 100 people.

The person behind me when collecting had ticket no. 119 and i'm sure that wouldn't have been the last ticket issued!

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukmark67 said:

I have just returned and there were no problems at all for this visa. No financials needed. 

A word of warning tho......Get there early as it was packed...Well over 100 people.

The person behind me when collecting had ticket no. 119 and i'm sure that wouldn't have been the last ticket issued!

Good luck.

Thanks for the warning, what day of the week did you go?

I will be going myself next week.

Couple of questions.....as we may be arriving late in the evening was wondering if there are any guesthouse recommendations near to the bridge on the Mukdahan side?

Also, where does a Thai pickup their border pass, is that at Immigration on the bridge too?

Thanks for reading.

Couple of questions.....as we may be arriving late in the evening was wondering if there are any guesthouse recommendations near to the bridge on the Mukdahan side?
Also, where does a Thai pickup their border pass, is that at Immigration on the bridge too?
Thanks for reading.

You will have to go into Mukdahan for accomodation. Its very close to the bridge. Riverfront Hotel in Mukdahan is good and around 800 baht.

A Thai goes through the immigration same as everyone else. Arrival and departure cards are at the bridge. They also have to complete the Laos arrival/departure card. They can be picked up at Laos immigration.

27 minutes ago, baneko said:

You will have to go into Mukdahan for accomodation. Its very close to the bridge. Riverfront Hotel in Mukdahan is good and around 800 baht.

A Thai goes through the immigration same as everyone else. Arrival and departure cards are at the bridge. They also have to complete the Laos arrival/departure card. They can be picked up at Laos immigration.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

14 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Thanks for reading.

What do you mean by "Border pass"? Does the person in question not have a passport?

There is a limit to how long they can stay in Laos without a passport.

15 hours ago, edwinchester said:

If they have a passport they get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Without a passport the need to apply for a border pass that will allow a 3 day stay and pay a fee of about 50 baht for it. There is an office to get one on the left just before the gate for the bridge.

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

What do you mean by "Border pass"? Does the person in question not have a passport?

There is a limit to how long they can stay in Laos without a passport.

My wife is Thai so no need to use her passport. Just staying one night in Savannakhet.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If they have a passport they get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Without a passport the need to apply for a border pass that will allow a 3 day stay and pay a fee of about 50 baht for it. There is an office to get one on the left just before the gate for the bridge.

Thanks very much for the reply.

30 minutes ago, puchooay said:

A friend recently enquired at the bridge and was told no overnight stay without passport.

I am certain your friend was given incorrect information.

Many people cross using a border pass and stay for 2 nights without a problem.

13 minutes ago, parryhandy said:

no changes to what ? would be nice if the required documents were posted on at least one of the recent experiences of getting a visa in the region reports.

Did you go to this topic that a link to it is in the post before mine.

On 12/17/2016 at 5:01 PM, edwinchester said:

Avalon is ok but they have very late checkout/check in

http://www.hotel.avalonbooking.com/