Kids Needles

Chao Lao Beach

My Step daughter (now young adult) to the best of our knowledge got all the normal Thai needles as a kid, we cant find a record in the school or anything, she needs this for another country, anyone know what the standard needles are ?

Can they do a blood test and work out what her levels are? Or does she need to start again to go to an Australia n school?.

The standard childhood vaccinations in Thailand now are:

DPT (Diptheria, pertussis and tetanus; in older kids, juts DT)

polio

BCG

Measles, mumps and rubella

Hepatitis B

Japanese B encephalitis

As she is now grown, I am not sure if the last 2 would have been part of the routine government program when she was a child, but the first 4 will have been.

Drawing blood titers is quite costly.

I can't say whether or not a school in Australia would accept verbal history of vaccination.

The above is

Verbal wont cut it, it is a requirement from the Fed Gov in order to access funding while studying.  (Forcing people to be vaccinated if the want social assistance).

The Gov will be paying.

One GP said to just start again from scratch, which I thought was a bit of overkill.

When I walked into hospital here one of the first things they did was draw blood and could tell me that I didn't need anything, they could count antibodies or something.  I might go to another GP.

Thanks Sheryl, I will take in this list you did. What would be the age cut off for the first one?

Archived