Everybody Has Them....where'd They Gettm

Gonzo the Face

The latest craze in Tables and Chairs for just about every new bar opening seems to be kinda nice and I would like to get some....

They are the wooden varnished wood slat , what I would call picnic tables with same construction bench or single seats.

I have stopped at four diffrerent places and its like everyone is trying to keep it a big secret....

The closest to an answer I received, was someplace in Lampun...

anyone know more specific>>> a phone number, place, name would be greatly appreciated...

Just as an aside, the highly motivated, [i'm sure she was alive] Big screen TV Watcher in the new Tiger Bar, could teach a thing or two to jugears at U - No - Where {the Big O's}

Cuzzzz sheeees got Personality, Personality ............ & to quote TA22 Whahaha

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I am shure that I saw them in B & Q and probably illegally imported (by middle man -gotta be ra-wan) from Burma.

I prefer the shiny stainless /aluminimun types with the little French type bistro round tables that are easy to clean and dont rust...

Off for a Company jolli to Calais tomorrow on the ferry so will check them out ( if time permits )...usual stuff....duty free ...food ...wine ..bit of sigh seeing....more food and wine and booze and food and wine.....and....er....wot was the question....?

I got mine from their factory store in Hang Dong, just 1 km past the restaurant that was owned by ThaiPauly... On the left side amongst many other stores... Sorry, that's all I can remember, except the price- 2500 baht per table with chairs... delivery included.

Edited by Ajarn

I got mine from their factory store in Hang Dong, just 1 km past the restaurant that was owned by ThaiPauly... On the left side amongst many other stores... Sorry, that's all I can remember, except the price- 2500 baht per table with chairs... delivery included.

Can anyone share a pic or 2?

Photo not very good but maybe it will give you an idea of the style...

gonzo

post-22124-1165544089_thumb.jpg

Maybe someone else has a better photo

Sure looks like the bench, without the aging, that has been outside the ol' Bier Stube for the past 25 years. Are you sure this is a recent fashion?

gonzo

Sure looks like the bench, without the aging, that has been outside the ol' Bier Stube for the past 25 years. Are you sure this is a recent fashion?

Yeah Johpa, may be somewhat similar in design, but the bir Stube tables, as were the old tables David used to have at Dominos, were of Slab Wood construction [backs, and bottoms still showing the slab and bark of the tree from which it came]

This new version is more like semi finished wood, at least the wood has seen a plane, then stained and/or Cuprinoled. Just take a ride down Loi Kroi and every other bar seems to have them now/

Hope someone out there has or can take a better photo and post it.

Ajarn, I am not sure exactly where Thai Pauli had his restaurant, can you give some more landmarks ? How far South of Lotus or the Motor Vehicle License place...?

Ajarn, I am not sure exactly where Thai Pauli had his restaurant, can you give some more landmarks ? How far South of Lotus or the Motor Vehicle License place...?

Left at the main Hang Dong Intersection, two kilometers, in a one story bunch of little sales areas on the left, kind of in the back.

Edited by Ajarn

• 2 weeks later...

> The closest to an answer I received, was someplace in Lampun...

Yup, that's where I got mine.

On the super highway to Lampang, after passing the final trafficl lights in the Lamphun area, enter a soi a little further on the left. Loads of furniture factories/shops there.

Cheers,

Chanchao

gonzo

Good photo. Without it, I would have no idea what your talking about. I bought a set like that for my wifes home in Phayao. I think I paid less than 3000 baht. It comes with the table (with lower magazine tier), 2 bench chairs and two chairs like shown in the photo. I think the table I got is a little different than some of the others mentioned in this thread but it is similiar.

I bought it in Chiang Kham.

Edited by richard10365