New passport- transferring of stamps

I recently got a new passport and went to immigration to get stamps transferred . I'm on my first extension and came to Thailand on a non immigrant VISA class O-A.

Yesterday I spoke to a friend from Australia that did the same thing at Jomtien Immigration, he is on retirement extension as well, and what he told me that he got a new VISA sticker in his new passport. I'd like to know if anyone can verify this

Regards and Merry Christmas

They do not transfer visas. All they do is put a stamp with spaces to enter info about the visa you used for entry and your old passport.

The will transfer the entry stamp done for the entry you have extended. and your most recent extension stamp and re-entry permit if you have a valid one.

• Like 1

I have a retirement "visa" and multiple entry.

My passport is almost full and I will get a new one when I next go back to the UK.

What happens when I re-enter Thailand, please? Do I just show the IO the stamps in my old passport?

14 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I have a retirement "visa" and multiple entry.

My passport is almost full and I will get a new one when I next go back to the UK.

What happens when I re-enter Thailand, please? Do I just show the IO the stamps in my old passport?

If you have a multiple entry non-o or non-oa visa from an embassy or consulate you would use the still valid visa in the old passport to enter the country.

If you actually have an extension of stay based upon retirement with a multiple re-entry permit you would use the re-entry permit in the old passport for entry. They you would have to have your stamps transferred at the office where you got your extension to have your stamps transfered.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, visaruna said:

another question on this topic...

can i just take my old passport and new one that i got in thailand to the airport and have it done there when i leave.

It depends upon what type of entry you have.

If you have an entry from a visa you can show both passports on departure from the country and they will transfer the entry stamp from the old one to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

If on an extension of stay you need to have it done at an immigration office.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon what type of entry you have.

If you have an entry from a visa you can show both passports on departure from the country and they will transfer the entry stamp from the old one to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

If on an extension of stay you need to have it done at an immigration office.

thanks

i have a setv thats been extended to the 3rd month.

so the airport option is ok by the sounds.

if i wanted to change the setv to a non imm, can i simply now go to immigration with the 2 passports and the income stat dec from my consulate, and have it all done at once. [sorry if this is off topic]

In a similar vein --  If someone with a retirement extension and a re-entry stamp goes home and renews his passport, what happens on return?  Will immigration accept the re-entry stamp in the old, defaced passport?

11 minutes ago, visaruna said:

if i wanted to change the setv to a non imm, can i simply now go to immigration with the 2 passports and the income stat dec from my consulate, and have it all done at once. [sorry if this is off topic]

You could if you have at least 15 days remaining on the 30 day extension.

If not your best option would make a trip to a nearby embassy or consulate for a single entry non-o visa.

12 minutes ago, jpinx said:

In a similar vein --  If someone with a retirement extension and a re-entry stamp goes home and renews his passport, what happens on return?  Will immigration accept the re-entry stamp in the old, defaced passport?

Yes

A valid visa or re-entry permit remains valid when a passport is canceled.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a multiple entry non-o or non-oa visa from an embassy or consulate you would use the still valid visa in the old passport to enter the country.

If you actually have an extension of stay based upon retirement with a multiple re-entry permit you would use the re-entry permit in the old passport for entry. They you would have to have your stamps transferred at the office where you got your extension to have your stamps transfered.

Thank you, Sir.