A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, another customer walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll have an AutoCAD monkey, please."

The shopkeeper nodded, went over to a cage at the side of the shop and took out a monkey. He fitted a collar and leash, handed it to the customer, saying, "That'll be $5000." The customer paid and walked out with his monkey.

Startled, the tourist went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only few hundred dollars. Why did that one cost so much?"

The Shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can draw in AutoCAD - very fast, clear layouts, no mistakes, well worth the money."

The tourist looked at a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive! $10,000! What does it do?"

"Oh, that one's a Design monkey; it can design systems, layout projects, mark-up drawings, write specifications, some even calculations. All the really useful stuff," said the shopkeeper. The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in its own cage. The price tag around its neck read $50,000. He gasped to the

shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the others put together!"

"What on earth does it do?" The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't actually seen it do anything, but it says it's an Engineer." :o

Friend of mine was a helicopter pilot. He was once introduced to some minister and his staff, they mistakenly shook the mechanic's hand thinking he was the pilot.

When they were told it was the wrong guy they were shaking hands with they quickly ignored the mechanic as if he was dirt. That mad him mad and he souted at the whole bunch " You can teach a monkey to ride a bike but when the bike breaks down, who will fix it? Not the monkey!" :o

Friend of mine was a helicopter pilot. He was once introduced to some minister and his staff, they mistakenly shook the mechanic's hand thinking he was the pilot.

When they were told it was the wrong guy they were shaking hands with they quickly ignored the mechanic as if he was dirt. That mad him mad and he souted at the whole bunch " You can teach a monkey to ride a bike but when the bike breaks down, who will fix it? Not the monkey!" :o

Too true, penzman. Engineers get a bad rap though due to stereotyping - that they sit behind a desk all day and design stuff that don't work worth a dam*

:o

penzman @ Thu 2004-04-29, 10:52:57

Reminds me of many years ago when I was at school, had a vicar that used to teach Religious Instruction. He had been a chaplain in the RAF, and was giving a lesson, citing a time when he was a passenger in a twin engined aircraft that had technical problems, and managed to land on one engine, and how after landing, and with both feet safely on the ground, he prostrated himself and gave thanks to God. In my innocence, I stood up and asked why he had not thanked the pilot, and got the immediate response " Two hours Saturday detention, that boy!"