Wanna Sell My New Car, Where To Look For Prices?

Lorin

I want to upgrade my Mazda 3 2006 top model to Fortuner, been to Toyota today and they gave me 680.000 baht for that. Now I just paid more than a million in March for that car. How do I know the real price of my car? Any books/websites? Your help greatly appreciated.

I sold my top spec Mazda 3 back in September for 720k

Beware that the prices on those websites are mostly from traders with inflated prices. Also if you have the 4 foor expect to get a lot less as it isn't in demand like the 5 door.

One thing, you get about a 50k premium if you have the 2006 spec car with the auto windscreen washers and 6 cd changer etc. If its a 2005 spec car registered in 2006 then you'll have to lower your expectations somewhat. (mine was a 2005 model registered in dec 2005 just for reference).

So from my experience what you've been offered is about right from a trader, if you sell privately you should get about 50-70k more. Just because the cars are advertised at 845-885k does not mean they sell for that price. Have a look around the thai mazda 3 forum (if you can read thai) lots of info and people will pay extra to get the model they want there so worth posting it on that site. :o good luck

Edited by moonoi

moonoi gave the right info. To get something like 850kb for your 2006 model, you should try to sell it by yourself through private ads.

I don't agree with you, tywais. You can get very interesting offers from dealers. Just don't stick to one of them. If you go to European cars, you'd get very interesting deals. Last time, i bought my volvo, they took my civic at a never expected rate.

I want to upgrade my Mazda 3 2006 top model to Fortuner, been to Toyota today and they gave me 680.000 baht for that. Now I just paid more than a million in March for that car. How do I know the real price of my car? Any books/websites? Your help greatly appreciated.

G'Day have a look alos to yello

http://www.yello.co.th/en/browse.php?cat1=...d=238&pr=38

they selling Mazda 3 from lowest 600K to 850K

yello is good way to monitor what Thai market offer's,,,i solf my one bike from there in no time.

• 3 months later...

a lady I have met is moving to the US and wants to sell her 2005 Mazda 3, 4 door. It is auto, about 34,000 km and appears to be well maintained. What is a good offering price (from a buyer's perspective) to make for this car? Any suggestions and estimates of what a dealer would pay for the car will be most welcome.

I could never get Toyota dealers to ever give me what I thought was a fair price for a car they sold me a few years back as a trade in on a Fortuner.

I believe that they expect the used car department to profit them as greatly or more so than the new car market and they do not discount the price of the new Fortuner by allowing you a larger trade in price.

Japanese fair trade run amok. The Fortuner is in such short supply, they just don't have any incentive to deal, assuming they ever had.

• 6 months later...

The absolute authority on used car values can be had on https://www.redbookasiapacific.com/weblooku...on=demo&lan

g=en

for 100bhatt [paid by cc], you enter your car details and they send you an email immediately with the actual price range, wholesale to retail. trade-in would be on the wholesale side. don't take less than wholesale!! and don't be in a hurry if they don't meet your price, because they WILL call back sith a better offer.