Big Gains For Families With Links To Thaksin

sriracha john

Maybe if they let only the army and bureaucracy run the country there would less corruption. Instead politicians take turns and feeding and there's a whole new bunch of them coming every five years for a feast.

Please never, ever use the term 'democracy' in your arguments.

You have rather clearly shown now with that statement that your are maybe further removed from 'democracy' than anybody on this forum here. And even further than the present government. Right now you have more or less decribed that you are in favour of a totalitarian military dictatorship.

Average Thai politician is a lot further removed from democracy than the present, military installed government. Average Thai politician does not represent interests of his constituency in any way. Average Thai politician has no voice within his own party. Average Thai politician has no policies whatsoever, let alone those beneficial to the country. Average Thai politician has no accountabilty before his own voters.

What kind of power can you entrust these people with? Executive? Legislative?

When Thaksin run the country he didn't give them neither as Parlament was absolutely useless and many controvercial laws were passed as government decrees avoiding legislature altogether. He didn't give them any real executive power either as he himself set the government agenda personally vetting all the policies.

So the billion dollar question is - who is going to supervise this lot? Thaksin, or the military, or bureaucrats? From democracy point of view there will be little difference, no one will ever notice.

It won't be an issue until some real people representatives, answerable to the voters, start getting elected.

colonel, please define democracy as you see it.

http://www.answers.com/topic/democracy

1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.

2. A political or social unit that has such a government.

3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.

4. Majority rule.

5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

None of that we have now.

Average Thai politician is a lot further removed from democracy than the present, military installed government.

Ridiculous.

The main criricism of the present government is that is exactly far removed from the common people and 'democracy', made up mainly of the old elites.

And if you believe that military and burocracy in Thailand is any less corrupt than politicians, you are dreaming, and never had to have any business interaction with either.

I'd be happy to lend out a few dozen pictures if you need them, mdeland... There's no shortage of photos of buffonish Thaksin photos. He has a penchant for making them:

taksin-f16.jpg

Here is he playing F-16 fighter jet pilot... (completely undoctored, btw) ... he actually did this :o

Ah, yes, that was his "school-girl meets rock star" period where he tried to suck up to, compared himself to and admired :D Bush junior. :D What a <deleted>' moron. :D He should have been ejected from his seat while off-course over Narathiwat, Yala or Pattani. Is that vaseline on his forehead so they could fit a rounded helmet over that square head of his? :D

180px-Thaksin.jpg

Skip, you mean this uniform/cloak looking thing? My wife just mentioned that she had never seen anything like it before. Could be that it was introduced by or accepted by Thaksin to appease his feelings of " grandeur"

Like I said, nothing unusual about the uniform.

They all do it.

General Chaovalit Yongchaiyut

http://www.country-data.com/frd/cs/thailand/th05_02b.jpg

180px-Thaksin.jpg

Skip, you mean this uniform/cloak looking thing? My wife just mentioned that she had never seen anything like it before. Could be that it was introduced by or accepted by Thaksin to appease his feelings of " grandeur"

They all do it.

Uniforms, in and of themselves, are nothing unusual. Hundreds of thousands wear them as The Skipper's Chaovalit photo shows.

As Tony suggested , it is, indeed, the cloak that separates Thaksin from ANY other person.

The ONLY other person to wear that is ****....... not a politician.

Tony's wife is not alone in her disgust.

Edited by sriracha john

180px-Thaksin.jpg

They all do it.

Uniforms, in and of themselves, are nothing unusual. Hundreds of thousands wear them as The Skipper's Chaovalit photo shows.

As Tony suggested , it is, indeed, the cloak that separates Thaksin from ANY other person.

The ONLY other person to wear that is ****....... not a politician.

Tony's wife is not alone in her disgust.

The silly uniforms are common.

Here is a school teacher.

http://dasnr5.dasnr.okstate.edu/internatio...m_Web_Small.jpg

As far as cloaks, every University graduate wears a cloak, no?

Edited by The Skipper

Yes, the cloak, how disgusting... and what about his shoes and socks - the right-wing coup-mongering anti-Thaksin brigade must be absolutely horrified by the shoes and socks. Please let's not bring his underwear into the discussion!

Belittling Thais revered respect does little to further your cause.

Yes, the cloak, how disgusting... and what about his shoes and socks - the right-wing coup-mongering anti-Thaksin brigade must be absolutely horrified by the shoes and socks. Please let's not bring his underwear into the discussion!

Belittling Thais revered respect does little to further your cause.

I have to admit to being uninformed as to the Thais revered respect for Thaksin's shoes, socks and underwear. But seriously, I respect your viewpoint, though I may not agree with it. Actually, I probably do agree with it, but I see it as incomplete and hypocritical to single out the TRT or Thaksin's family for plundering and corruption given the history of Thai politics and especially the present situation. I realize that some posters on this forum do have an agenda - every post seems set out to prove that Thaksin was some kind of dangerous beast (I noticed none of those are quoting Supinya's statements of recent days comparing the danger of Thaksin to the present danger). I assure you that I have no agenda. I am not trying to make Thaksin out as a saint. But I see a similar situation in Thailand happening as happened in the US. The right wing were so preoccupied with how corrupt and immoral Bill Clinton was (I happened to like him) that they let Bush slide into power. This "anyone-but-Clinton" or "anyone-but-Thaksin" right-wing coup-mongering agenda is, in my humble opinion, in need of a more fair and balanced approach. The good news is that far fewer percentage of Thais are duped by this anti-Thaksin onslaught. He would probably win an election if the saviors of democracy would allow that. And no, I wouldn't vote for him.

I support removal of the cloak photos if they offend you or your friends. You will notice I posted none. The point is they have nothing to do with the original post and were posted to poke fun at or offend the "cloak wearer". I'm not sure this all rises to the levels you are insinuating however.

I support removal of the cloak photos if they offend you or your friends. You will notice I posted none. The point is they have nothing to do with the original post and were posted to poke fun at or offend the "cloak wearer". I'm not sure this all rises to the levels you are insinuating however.

Quite a few Thai people I know who have seen the cloak pictures find them in bad taste to say the least.