where do the most expat sharks hide?

opalred

How crap is this. OP you have created an awful post. Stick a few examples into the mix for a better response. Expat shark? You mean any bar catering for farangs with leaches and vultures circling? Dunno don't drink too much.

I've only met one shark in 10 years here, and he was more of a fantasist than a shark. Depends where you hang out I suppose, put a sign over your head saying sucker and the sharks will gather. Like they say sharks can smell blood from miles away.

On 1/2/2017 at 9:51 PM, Rc2702 said:

How crap is this. OP you have created an awful post. Stick a few examples into the mix for a better response. Expat shark? You mean any bar catering for farangs with leaches and vultures circling? Dunno don't drink too much.

I think the OP is referring to farangs to be wary off, they have schemes to separate you from some money in different ways, and if they are very anxious to do you a favour it is because it is in their best interests.

and no! I have never met any farangs like that, I would think they are more likely to be in cities where other farangs gather, rather than a village up country.

Edited by possum1931
to add more words.

On 1/4/2017 at 2:36 PM, sandgroper2 said:

I got a better topic than this one. Whats the most boreing thing you can start a topic about.

What about a topic that asks what is the most interesting thing to start a topic about?

Not so long ago there were loads of topics coming up in this pub forum, most of them interesting, but now there is very little. I wonder how that is.

For the record, I do not think this topic is uninteresting, maybe it should have been worded a bit better, the idea behind it is quite good, could be a help to newbie expats.

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What about a topic that asks what is the most interesting thing to start a topic about?

Not so long ago there were loads of topics coming up in this pub forum, most of them interesting, but now there is very little. I wonder how that is.

For the record, I do not think this topic is uninteresting, maybe it should have been worded a bit better, the idea behind it is quite good, could be a help to newbie expats.

I agrees Possum the JJ GREEN threads became interesting. I often wonder about the "usual suspects" you know chaps that have gone awol off the forum. There was a chap called Ardokano that sticks out as his ideals were slightly skewed and the chap who liked to discuss his lucky escape from a marriage Swissie his name may have been. Of course JJ went MIA too.

This thread could have been pretty good and only time I can think of where I was perhaps circled was on an island a few years back and was fed some "i'm in trouble post" by a bar owner. Some story about needing cash. The funny or more immediate threat was this chap had just had a visit from a guy claiming to work for the Police and was looking for a pay off of some sort. 

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I agrees Possum the JJ GREEN threads became interesting. I often wonder about the "usual suspects" you know chaps that have gone awol off the forum. There was a chap called Ardokano that sticks out as his ideals were slightly skewed and the chap who liked to discuss his lucky escape from a marriage Swissie his name may have been. Of course JJ went MIA too.

This thread could have been pretty good and only time I can think of where I was perhaps circled was on an island a few years back and was fed some "i'm in trouble post" by a bar owner. Some story about needing cash. The funny or more immediate threat was this chap had just had a visit from a guy claiming to work for the Police and was looking for a pay off of some sort. 

Have not seen JJ Green for a while, Ardokano, don't remember that name, Swissie is still around, seen his post or answer earlier this week.

Your second paragraph, yes have to watch some Farangs, I was talking to a German guy in the bar of the hotel I was staying at in Pattaya, about ten mins later he knocked my door (I never game him my room no, must have been an employee of the hotel) and started giving me a hard luck story, then asked for money, I very quickly sent him on his way.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, possum1931 said:

If i see one ;more topic on cost of living here, im gunna put a bottle through my monitor. An the fact that it still gets the keyboard warriors reponding is simply dumbfounding.

15 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

If i see one ;more topic on cost of living here, im gunna put a bottle through my monitor. An the fact that it still gets the keyboard warriors reponding is simply dumbfounding.

I will never complain about any topic that keeps turning up, whether it's about the cost of living or anything else, remember Thaivisa has thousands of members, and a lot of them come and go, and you always get lots of different answers that can even make the most boring topics interesting.

On 06/01/2017 at 5:43 AM, possum1931 said:

Have not seen JJ Green for a while, Ardokano, don't remember that name, Swissie is still around, seen his post or answer earlier this week.

Your second paragraph, yes have to watch some Farangs, I was talking to a German guy in the bar of the hotel I was staying at in Pattaya, about ten mins later he knocked my door (I never game him my room no, must have been an employee of the hotel) and started giving me a hard luck story, then asked for money, I very quickly sent him on his way.

Had a very similar occurrence when I made a bad decision on a hotel in Hua HIN last year. Finnish guy with a busted leg latched on had to be pretty blunt when he had managed to hop up the stairs and knock our door. 

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I will never complain about any topic that keeps turning up, whether it's about the cost of living or anything else, remember Thaivisa has thousands of members, and a lot of them come and go, and you always get lots of different answers that can even make the most boring topics interesting.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, i firmly believe that some TV members find the most boring topics interesting. Its their life.

1 minute ago, sandgroper2 said:

Yes, i firmly believe that some TV members find the most boring topics interesting. Its their life.

If that figure of 1931 is anything to go by I would be willing to bet they have done a hell of a lot more in there life than you. 

14 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

What is boring to one person may not be boriing to another, sometimes I will get bored reading a topic and just move on, other times, I will read it through to the end, yes, it is some peoples life, but I would rather be in the company of one of them, than the guy who is hardly ever of his barstool, and there is an awful lot more of the latter.

19 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

If that figure of 1931 is anything to go by I would be willing to bet they have done a hell of a lot more in there life than you. 

If you are referring to me, thanks for the compliment, but it is not my birthdate, it is the birthdate of the real Possum, if you don't know who that is then google it. May I also point out Possum1931 was supposed to be my password not my username, and what was supposed to be my user name is my password, I tried to change it right away. but Thaivisa would not have it.

i expected to draw some sharks out

most would say its your own fault if bitten

but like me 14yrs ago was new and wanted to meet friends in your new home

you would meet in bars or clubs

the first attack

every night would drink with expats

after some mts one wanted to take a parcel of gemstone i had 

to a friend said would buy in bkk 600000b gone never returned

next attack

met in expat club a lawyer and real estate man 

needed money to build condos

i was lucky lost 3mil another friend lost 18mil after the group went broke

but lucky after that found best wife in world and house and pool in country

so to all the miserable sharks drown in your misery and slim

cheers and good luck to the real expats

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you are referring to me, thanks for the compliment, but it is not my birthdate, it is the birthdate of the real Possum, if you don't know who that is then google it. May I also point out Possum1931 was supposed to be my password not my username, and what was supposed to be my user name is my password, I tried to change it right away. but Thaivisa would not have it.

Tell somebody who cares.

On 1/7/2017 at 1:31 PM, sandgroper2 said:

What is boring to you may not be boring to someone else, I wonder what your life is like, going by this post, you probably spend a lot of time on your own with a bottle of beer in your hand between your cups of coffee:coffee1::drunk:

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What is boring to you may not be boring to someone else, I wonder what your life is like, going by this post, you probably spend a lot of time on your own with a bottle of beer in your hand between your cups of coffee:coffee1::drunk:

I rarely drink, work out every second day, being ex military, i like to keep in shape, and have just had my third television script accepted by the Fairfax group. And  my drink of choice is blue label.

I rarely drink, work out every second day, being ex military, i like to keep in shape, and have just had my third television script accepted by the Fairfax group. And  my drink of choice is blue label.

You can't be SAS then because the ones I know drink Hong Thong

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk