Certificate Of Residence

Hi went today to the immigration in bangkok,i need a certificate of residence,to get thai international driving license,i have a 1yr Non O multi visa,but have to travel outside thailand every 90days.They refused to give me one because i dont have a workpermit or i dont report every 90 days at immigration,well im a bit speechless,my current thai driving license is still 4yrs valid,but what will happen after,because to renew your thaidriving license you also need that certificate of residence,anyways does anybody has experience with other immigrations or does anybody has any suggestions,thanks in advance

You should be able to get the proper documentation from your home country embassy, no need to go to immigration. The US embassy has the form for Thai drivers license all ready to go.

Thanks for your response,hmm im not sure if the German embassy is issuing stuff like that,but if so,i assume it needs to be in thailanguage,wel thanks for your help,i guess i will try it this way,but still wonder about that change at the immigration

As you are not resident in Thailand, only visiting on a visa, then immigration will not issue a certificate of residence.

Most Embassies do issue a letter confirming your address, sometime only in the language of the Embasy. OK it English or Thai but needs a certified translation if most other languages.

I believe all embassies issue that document as needed for a ton of things. My (European) embassy issued it in Thai, but I know that other embassies issue it in English.

Expect to pay 1000-1500 Baht for it. Tip; ask for 2-3 letters when you are add it, generally they will not charge more (as already pretty stiff!(.

Cheers!

I believe all embassies issue that document as needed for a ton of things. My (European) embassy issued it in Thai, but I know that other embassies issue it in English.

Expect to pay 1000-1500 Baht for it. Tip; ask for 2-3 letters when you are add it, generally they will not charge more (as already pretty stiff!(.

Cheers!

Yeah Chang Mais Brit Consulate Charge 1750 Baht for it!!!

I just went to the government building and they refused to issue me my 5 year license until the old one has expired (in five days time). But they agreed the paperwork was in order. So its cool for cats man.

I think the Consuls must be paying too much for miss whiplash and the mercedes SLKs hence the price increases! :o

As you are not resident in Thailand, only visiting on a visa, then immigration will not issue a certificate of residence.

Most Embassies do issue a letter confirming your address, sometime only in the language of the Embasy. OK it English or Thai but needs a certified translation if most other languages.

I dont think im a visitor here,i live here since almost 6yrs and have family here,i just refuse to trnasfer any money from germany to thailand,that why i hv to go out every 90days,and just btw,i like it,thanks thanks to air asia and tiger airways,i saw almost everything in southeast asia

Cheers!

Thanks,well i guess then i really need to go to the embassy,like i said before,i just wonder about the change,i got this document already 3or 4 times without any problems

yes before get,,,normaly free, but they expect a tip for the tipbox.

thats the way we are only shit foreigners,,,,and when thais start to think it go only worse,

the mentality of thais is unique in this world,,,the most friendly, and the most,..................

just go to embassy, but you must have !!!!!!

the certification that you are already out of the residenceregister in your homecountry.

this is sure in spain and german embassy!!

the goverment at your homecountry issue this papper ,maybe for an extracharge the embassy.

if you still registerd at your homecountry as residence, i dont think they issue this document.(even they not issue passports in this case or other related residenceservices)

Hi went today to the immigration in bangkok,i need a certificate of residence,to get thai international driving license,i have a 1yr Non O multi visa,but have to travel outside thailand every 90days.They refused to give me one because i dont have a workpermit or i dont report every 90 days at immigration,well im a bit speechless,my current thai driving license is still 4yrs valid,but what will happen after,because to renew your thaidriving license you also need that certificate of residence,anyways does anybody has experience with other immigrations or does anybody has any suggestions,thanks in advance

Thai Immigration will only issue a certificate of residence when you are on an extension of your "O" as up until then they dont have all your details on file hence havent been out to check you out.

Normally your home embassy will issue same for a fee even though they havent been out to check that is where you live they go on what you tell them and cover themselves by you declaring the Stat Dec and they countersign to say YES it was you that declared where you reside they do not certify where you live only that it was actually you that said this is where I live. - All for a fee of course.

Kanchanaburi Immigration issue Certificates of Residence to holders of Non O multi entries, I know as I have recently got one. However, what they did say at the time was that they hate doing it because of the extra paperwork! Maybe thats why they turned you down.

Your local Amphur should give you one too. Just take your wife and house book/rental agreement with you. If it is one of the bigger ones then you should have no problem as they should be used to dealing with farang. If it's out of town maybe they havent down one before and will um and ahh for a while.

Good luck as it saves alot of expense from getting one from your home embassy.

He wants to apply for an International Driving Permit based on the Thai Licence.

The IDP usually is valid for one year and entitles to drive in member countries during this period, officially if presented together with the local, i.e. Thai-licence.

Edited by Axel

He wants to apply for an International Driving Permit based on the Thai Licence.

The IDP usually is valid for one year and entitles to drive in member countries during this period, officially if presented together with the local, i.e. Thai-licence.

Thats correct Mr.Axel,I went wednesday to the land and transport ministerium,and they told me i need either a workpermit if Non B visa or certificate of residence if Non O holder[my visa]Well i remember i went last year to Bangkok immigration to get that vertificate,and got it without any questions,so i guess it has also to do with the chamges from October 1st. 2006

Yes, I believe I read somewhere in TV that the immigration office does not do the letter anymore.??

Requirements for the IDP, just had it checked last week:

Work Permit*

Pawssport with non-imm visa

letter of current residence, certified by embassy

Thai Driver's lience

2 photos 2x2 inches

Fee 505 Baht

Must apply at Transport office Jatujak, Building 4 Floor 2

*Work permit I always wonder. My wife does not work, is not Thai, how can she get a WP?

As always, formalities in Thailand are not easy. I hold a vaid Hong Kong licence and just may fly over for a day or so.

Needs application form, pictures, 10 minutes wait, finished.

If I made my Thai Driverlicense 3 years ago, I need this certificate of residence too. The immigration give me this without problems with my NON-0 (multiple).

They give me 3 copies. One I used for the driver license, with another one I go to my Amphoe and applied a Tabien Ban.

After one year I must renewed my DL, after I show my Tabien Ban, I got 5 years.

No problems here in Chiang Mai.

Of course, as we all know, the rules are all over the map...but here in Fun City (Pattaya of course) getting a Cert. of Res. is no problem. I just got two of them this week...1 for driver license renewal and another for the purchase of a used motocycle. And I only have a tourist vise (actual T-visa from Penang). They sorta know me at Pattaya immigration as been here over 5 years so the nice older lady in room 9 didn't even ask to see any documentation (only my old Thai license). Make the app., a couple photos, a few hundred baht, and in and out in about 10 mins.

I really do feel sorry for everyone who has to use Bangkok immigration...they are so busy and harried and therefore, usually not too helpful (I lived in Bangers 3 years also).

I only suggest that if you can, move to Pattaya :o

You should be able to get the proper documentation from your home country embassy, no need to go to immigration. The US embassy has the form for Thai drivers license all ready to go.

Just last month - followed the advice of the 2nd hand car salesman - took my American friend to CM Immigration - he has a new visa first time 12 months Retirement Visa - says so in the passport - all stamped and written up - just asked for cert of res to buy a car. Didn't ask to see anyhting else. Filled the form. Waited 10/15 minutes and got it - nominal sum involved - forget exactly how much. Took the cert to buy the car - went smoothly without touching the sides. No probs. All smiles - great service !

every immigration office will only issue a certificate of residence when you are on an extension of your non immigrant "O" visa

just contact your the embassy.

the will give you certificate of residence

fee about 1500 Bath for certificate of residence

you also can show your yellow book, if you have.

if not.....

go to immigration office

need non "0"

and rental papers + copy and sign id card from the landlord

and apply for certificate of residence

this is needed by the office for driver licence

old driverlicence in Thai or English language (international)

copy paspoort and visa

certificate of residence

and 505 bath fee

for the first time

also health paper (5 diseases)

international driverlicence in Enlish or Thai

if not International you have to do the written test too.

fee 105 bath

fee 55 bath for motor cicle

first time you get the driver licence only for one year.

so don't worry...... this new rule came into effect August 2006.

and keep smilling after 10 minutes you are out again with the driver licence

If I made my Thai Driverlicense 3 years ago, I need this certificate of residence too. The immigration give me this without problems with my NON-0 (multiple).

They give me 3 copies. One I used for the driver license, with another one I go to my Amphoe and applied a Tabien Ban.

After one year I must renewed my DL, after I show my Tabien Ban, I got 5 years.

No problems here in Chiang Mai.

I have also received certificates of residence previously from the immigrations office in Chiang Mai, but apparently this problem now extends to Chiang Mai as well: no certificate for you

Thanks for your response,hmm im not sure if the German embassy is issuing stuff like that,but if so,i assume it needs to be in thailanguage,wel thanks for your help,i guess i will try it this way,but still wonder about that change at the immigration

Of course they'll do it.It's cheap, only 20 Euros,if they won't do in Bangkok, try either Phuket or Chiang Mai.Chiang Mai does it in English, so you don't need any other translation.

Btw, why don't you have the international driver's licence from Germany?