French tourist bitten by a crocodile near Haew Suwat waterfall in Khao Yai

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he has a PhD in Gross Stupidity!!  Anybody with an ounce of intelligence/sense would stay away from a crocodile based on appearance alone.  They don't look like a cuddly animal that just begs to be touched.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

11 hours ago, cnjoew said:

sorry for my ignorance but as far as I know crocodiles aren't native to Thailand, so what are they doing in Khao Yai?

And where did you get this info that crocodiles are not native to Thailand ???

better check the internet before posting stupidity's !!!

http://crocodilian.com/cnhc/cst_cpor_dh_map.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_crocodile

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

I took these pics a few years ago in the area where the attack happened so I suspect it's the same croc.

Khao Yai   Dec 2014 001.JPG

Khao Yai   Dec 2014 002.JPG

Copy of Khao Yai Feb 2011 & Kevin airport 042.jpg

Khao Yai Feb 2011 & Kevin airport 045.jpg

But you were not bitten.  Now I know why.  You must have been using the all-time Thai favorites - a hiso iPhone.  Even the crocodile "give you face".  I suspect the French tourist may have used a Alcatel phone - French brand assembled in China.

Wow, that one in the photo looks real big and ugly. I believe people love to see a video of a tourist (in this case french) shouting and thrashing while being dragged into the water. Let's be honest about it. It's kind of exciting to watch.

This selfie thing is really turning all those young people into Narcissus. Instead of looking into the water and see their reflection as the Greek mythology said, they look at their handphone and admire themselves.

It has so quickly become an illness that swept across the world like the flu. Yes, indeed it is an illness, what else can it be if not an illness?

Is it classified under BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder.

4 hours ago, thairookie said:

But you were not bitten.  Now I know why.  You must have been using the all-time Thai favorites - a hiso iPhone.  Even the crocodile "give you face".  I suspect the French tourist may have used a Alcatel phone - French brand assembled in China.

I am not so certain about those photos that were posted....lol

That crocodile sort of looks like the big, fake, rubber made crocodile I once saw used in the Thai TV drama series where the crocodiles that escaped from the Samut Prakan crocodile farm were running amuck in the klongs and terrorising the neighborhoods and eating all manner of living creatures.

Could it be the same one I wonder...lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

17 hours ago, spiritrace said:

I am amazed that we as a species have made it this far and continue to grow in numbers.

Maybe selfie "technology", and awareness-absorbing cellphones generally, are actually the unadvertised solution to the problem of overpopulation...    The brain-neutralizing visual waves are a thing to behold.   And other species don't seem affected at all.

I come from the bush in Queensland and just can't believe these French fools. Are they sure they didn't think it was some sort of giant frog. In Australia only tourists make themselves available for crocodile dinner. I've yet to hear of or meet an Aussie that would be that stupid to even go near a croc. They are as fast or even faster than a dog over a short distance. Sorry I don't feel sorry for this French lady

On 1/2/2017 at 5:11 AM, cnjoew said:

sorry for my ignorance but as far as I know crocodiles aren't native to Thailand, so what are they doing in Khao Yai?

King Rama 2 wrote a play of Kraitong the crocodile slayer from Pijit province which became very popular so I guess they've been around for a long time.

Kraithong.jpg

Kraithong 2.JPG