French tourist bitten by a crocodile near Haew Suwat waterfall in Khao Yai

webfact

A French tourist bitten by a crocodile near Haew Suwat waterfall in Khao Yai

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6WL5VIiMq1N85Xhp7mwwbEAm

PRACHINBURI: -- A French tourist was bitten by a crocodile as she was trying to “selfie” of herself and her husband next to the beast at Haew Suwat waterfall in Khao Yai on New Year’s Day.

Mr Kanchit Srinoppawan, chief of Khao Yai national park, disclosed that the victim and her husband, both French tourists, were trekking near the waterfall when they came across a crocodile sun-bathing on the bank of the Lam Takong stream.

Both approached the crocodile trying to “selfie” themselves with the beast. But the wife slipped as she tried to stand up, hence, prompting the crocodile to become excited and bite her on left leg.

A few Thai tourists who saw the incident alerted park officials who took her to the hospital for treatment. She was reported to be safe as the wound was not serious.

Kanchit said there were signs in both Thai and English warning tourists on jungle trek of the presence of crocodiles near the waterfall. He admitted that some tourists defied the warning sign.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/french-tourist-beaten-crocodile-near-haew-suwat-waterfall-khao-yai/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-02

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tourist Bitten Trying To Take Selfie With Crocodile

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

CROC.jpg

PRACHINBURI — A French woman was bitten by a crocodile Sunday afternoon while hiking at Khao Yai National Park.

Benetulier Lesuffleur, 46, was traveling with her husband along Haew Suwat Waterfall – Pha Kluay Mai trail when they spotted a crocodile sunbathing in a pond and attempted to take a picture with it.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/01/01/tourist-bitten-trying-take-selfie-crocodile/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-02

At first I thought, getting "beaten" sure beats getting "eaten" by a croc......but having seen the latest Khaosod offering, I now realise Thai PBS in their haste to get this news story out there, confused getting "bitten" with "beaten".  They almost got the right French pronunciation : "Come quick monsieur, my wife was beaten by a crocodile!" :vampire:

Inspector Clouseau could have fun solving this crime, especially given the number of minkees in Khao Yai.:wacko:

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Tourist Bitten Trying To Take Selfie With Crocodile

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter -

CROC.jpg

PRACHINBURI — A French woman was bitten by a crocodile Sunday afternoon while hiking at Khao Yai National Park.

Benetulier Lesuffleur, 46, was traveling with her husband along Haew Suwat Waterfall – Pha Kluay Mai trail when they spotted a crocodile sunbathing in a pond and attempted to take a picture with it.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/01/01/tourist-bitten-trying-take-selfie-crocodile/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-01-02

Did she Snap/chat the selfie 55555

found this from 2008:

plachon

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • plachon
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  

If it was a croc (and I don't doubt you if the guide pointed it out as one), then there is a good chance it has got there as a result of re-introduction by Wildlife Division of Nat Parks Dept. Offcially up until a few years ago, there were only wild pops of crocs hanging on in Pang Sida Nat Park in Sakaew Province and Kaeng Krachan Nat Park in Petchabun, but I think there have been re-introduction attempts at several places in last few years. Trouble is, they may be mixed up with hybridised farmed stock, which won't be great for gene pool in long term. Still, better than nowt I suppose.

just going to pop off  to Africa and get a selfie of me and a nice wild lion, Oh, on second thoughts, maybe not a good idea, the stupididty of some people amazes me. if that croc had got her into the water, that would have been the end for her, one lucky lady

4 hours ago, Shot said:

Can't fix stupid

I bet if a Thai had done it we had 10 pages about how stupid Thais are.. now a foreigner has done it we just blame that foreigner.. not all of them. I wonder why... 

I agree 100% with can't fix stupid some people are so stupid that without guidance they will go for the Darwin award. 

3 hours ago, cnjoew said:

sorry for my ignorance but as far as I know crocodiles aren't native to Thailand, so what are they doing in Khao Yai?

Siamese crocodile native to Indonesia (Borneo and possibly Java), Brunei, East Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Lived in places infested with such dangerous creatures.  They are to be avoided and left alone.  They leave you alone if not troubled, except the ones in Australia. 

3 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Maybe the French tourists had no idea that crocodiles bite , 

why would they , because the sigs warning of the danger are only  in Thai and English,

A French stick  between their ears maybe.

LOL.   Yeah.  Without a big sign, or a comic book, to warn you, how would you ever know that crocs are dangerous?...    'Guess that's why we need nanny states.

3 hours ago, cnjoew said:

sorry for my ignorance but as far as I know crocodiles aren't native to Thailand, so what are they doing in Khao Yai?

They paid 400 baht to get in....now they want value for money, or they aren't going back.

Well, now she can join the short list of people who have been bitten by crocs and lived to tell the tale. 

Near Chiang Rai, year ago, I bought a bunch of bananas to feed to a group of about 7 elephants, individually tethered by chain on one leg each.  I was strolling through the herd, giving 2 bananas to each.  After a few hand-outs, I was broadsided from the back.  A large female knocked me down to the ground with her trunk.  She wanted all the bananas for herself.   I was lucky she didn't follow up with a crushing foot.   

Archived