Tourists warned to keep away from a rogue elephants in Khao Yai

webfact

Tourists warned to keep away from a rogue elephants in Khao Yai

142_Elephant.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Tourists were warned to stay away from a male elephant for their own safety as Khao Yai national park officials are trying to drive the jumbo from a trekking route around Haew Suwat waterfall.

The park chief, Mr Kanchit Srinoppawan, told the media on Monday that the 30-year old bull elephant, named Ronaldinyo after a wellknown Brazilian footballer, appears to be in a bad mood and has ventured into the trekking route and the site for tourists to pitch camps near the waterfall.

He said that park officials came across Ronaldinyo at the scene and tried to shoo it away and deeper into the jungle, but the elephant resisted and attacked the officials’ car, damaging the front windshield and denting both sides of the car.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tourists-warned-keep-away-rogue-elephants-khao-yai/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-01-03

1 hour ago, webfact said:

....the elephant resisted and attacked the officials’ car, damaging the front windshield and denting both sides of the car....

Driving through a puddle near Ronaldinyo was not such a good idea then. 

Many years ago I drove that road across Khao Yai when my car decided to break down right in front of the "beware of tigers" sign. Engine overheated, a known issue of my old beaten up Hyundai. Had to wait for a while, then can go again.

Anyways, it was about 5 pm and suddenly an elephant family broke out of the wood works, about 100 m in front of us. A marvelous sight, will never forget it, but don't want to know what would have happened if they decided not to ignore us...

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

It is amazing that people need to be told these things: crocodiles bight, elephants can trample you and driving a motor bike in Thailand is dangerous.  My favorite thing to do at the airport is walk up to people in bandages, on crutches and ask them what happened.  They all say the same thing.  I was riding a motorbike. 

Just now, yellowboat said:

It is amazing that people need to be told these things: crocodiles bight, elephants can trample you and driving a motor bike in Thailand is dangerous.  My favorite thing to do at the airport is walk up to people in bandages, on crutches and ask them what happened.  They all say the same thing.  I was riding a motorbike. 

Now I know how to kill a few hours next time I'm waiting at Suwannapoom.

Do people ever get angry and wave their crutches at you? Or even hobble after you shouting unpleasant phrases.

42 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

My favorite thing to do at the airport is walk up to people in bandages, on crutches and ask them what happened.  

Hope you can get out of the airport and find a few more more favorite things to do.

14 hours ago, raro said:

Many years ago I drove that road across Khao Yai when my car decided to break down right in front of the "beware of tigers" sign. Engine overheated, a known issue of my old beaten up Hyundai. Had to wait for a while, then can go again.

Anyways, it was about 5 pm and suddenly an elephant family broke out of the wood works, about 100 m in front of us. A marvelous sight, will never forget it, but don't want to know what would have happened if they decided not to ignore us...

Your compact car would have become more compact, as in a micro car  :sad:

42 minutes ago, raro said:

I had a hard time to convince my Swiss buddy traveling with me that it is a really bad idea to get out of the car to take pictures...

I won't go near a grown wild or tame pacaderm.

The babies are the only ones I trust which I saw on the beach one time with its owner.

21 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Here's Ronaldinho on the ball and not the rampage. let's hope the authorities don't have to red card him.

ronaldino.jpgronaldino1.jpg

He must have gotten wind of the other Ronaldino and wanted celebrity status as well. Maybe they are are evolving above the "Elephants Never Forget" stage. If so we humans are in trouble. "Scrap the Cadillac Ronaldino"

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

He must have gotten wind of the other Ronaldino and wanted celebrity status as well. Maybe they are are evolving above the "Elephants Never Forget" stage. If so we humans are in trouble. "Scrap the Cadillac Ronaldino"

"Scrap the Cadillac Ronaldino"

To what does this refer?

9 hours ago, yellowboat said:

You must be a great laugh at parties, what a fun guy

32 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"Scrap the Cadillac Ronaldino"

To what does this refer?

Scrap the Cadillac Clyde from "Every Which Way But Loose". I look a little license in the saying. Sorry movie sayings are my hobby and they get the best of me at times.  I have a vivid pictorial memory elephant squashing car.

Edited by elgordo38

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

Scrap the Cadillac Clyde from "Every Which Way But Loose". I look a little license in the saying. Sorry movie sayings are my hobby and they get the best of me at times.  I have a vivid pictorial memory elephant squashing car.

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I may even sit and watch Clint & Clyde once again.............  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

Thank you for taking the time to explain. I may even sit and watch Clint & Clyde once again.............  :thumbsup:

One of my favorite movies. Looking at Clint now vs in the movie God what a passage of time. I guess the joke went a little flat. Cannot win em all BUT I will keep on trying.