Cancelling Work Permit and Visa in absentia

Hello,

I have just been asked how we cancel someones visa and work permit by my head of department. Could someone tell me the documents needed and the process. The teacher left claiming he was going home to take care of some family business and would return in 2 weeks. We have had no word from him since the beginning of Dec now. My head is getting it in the neck from the director so i'm just trying to find some info to help. It is believed the teacher is still in country as when we went to check his apartment he had taken everything with him.

any help much appreciated

thank you

The work permit can be canceled by submitting a work permit cancellation form. Unless the school was restricted on applying for additional work permits there would be no effect on the school if it was not canceled.

A visa cannot be canceled since it would of been issued by an embassy or consulate. Immigration would not cancel an extension of stay  issued by them without the passport. The extension not being cancelled would not be a problem for the school.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The work permit can be canceled by submitting a work permit cancellation form. Unless the school was restricted on applying for additional work permits there would be no effect on the school if it was not canceled.

A visa cannot be canceled since it would of been issued by an embassy or consulate. Immigration would not cancel an extension of stay  issued by them without the passport. The extension not being cancelled would not be a problem for the school.

thank you for the quick reply i have passed on the info along with the form

13 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Since immigration will not cancel an extension if the holder is outside the country, what would happen to an employee that resigns or is terminated while abroad with a re-entry permit?

Many have returned and got an a entry up to the date the extension ends. Some have had a visa for entry and were not allowed to use it since they had a valid re-entry permit.

I suspect most that just leave without canceling the extension have no intention of returning or at least not before the extension ends.

• Like 1