Please help Identify Item

luudee

Dear Friends,

This rubber piece (2") is installed right after a water pump. It has a union at each side.

What is this part called (English/Thai) ?

And does anybody know where to buy one in the Pattaya/Chonburi area ?

Many Thanks,

luudee

20130214_144730_resized.jpg

32 minutes ago, luudee said:

Does anybody know where to buy it in Pattaya/Chonburi area ?

Thanks,

luudee

Do you need it? These flexi joints are normally only fitted to big (and I mean big) diesel engine pumps.

If it's on an electric pump with little vibration it shouldn't be necessary.

I'd start looking round any half decent sized pump/hardware shop. Going north on Chonburi bypass, at Chonburi/Ban Bung interchange take left slip towards town. There's a few shops and Thai Wasadu that way.

PS it's called a Topflex joint. I know that cause it says 'Topflex' on the label in your photo. Google it.

pro_pic7353.jpg

Edited by grollies

Thanks grollies !

I've been to every store on Sukhumvit, from Thai Wtsadue to Naklua ...

Had my phone with a picture and the description from above, nobody seems to have.

Now I emailed the place recommended above , will see if they will sell me one and EMS it to me ! 

Thanks again,

luudee

It's a flex pipe connector as already stated . They can cause more trouble than cure - as it is  unrestrained it will impose a thrust equal to the cross section area of the connector X the pump discharge pressure to the pump mounting and the pipe work. For a pump discharge pressure of 30 psi this could be over 100lbs force (thrust) in the pipe work. Also if the pump hunts on and off it will it result in a thrust/ no thrust /thrust/no thrust sequence - the effect of this on PVC pipe could be disastrous.