Video: Samui flooding brings misery - but not to these two farang tourists

rooster59

Video: Samui flooding brings misery - but not to these two farang tourists

samui.PNG

Image: Sanook

KOH SAMUI:-- Two western tourists enjoyed themselves in the flooded streets of Koh Samui yesterday.

They floated down a flooded stretch of the island's ring road on rubber rings much to the amusement of passing motorists who honked their horns in greeting.

It all looked like great fun but many Thai netizens thought the tourists must be barking mad.

Many who shared the story said they were taking their lives into their hands behaving like this and commented that the water must be filthy too.

The video showed the pair floating down a flooded one kilometer stretch of the Thaweerat Phakdee Road near the Bandara Hotel in Boh Phut. 

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-07

Haa all the do gooders on here, if they want to enjoy themselves but take in a bit of dirty water that's up to them, all the dirty water will run into the sea eventually anyway and no doubt people will be swimming in it pretty soon albeit just a bit diluted :licklips:

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Is there a chart we can look at for definitions? Skin colour, eye shape etc? 

51 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Farang = white westerner.

Chin = chinese

Jepun = Japanese

India = India

and so on.

Khairks = Indian Arabs

Aye Murd = African or Black

Jek = Chinese

Aye Yun = Japanese

Farang = White people

2 minutes ago, OttoPollmann said:

Khairks = Indian Arabs

Aye Murd = African or Black

Jek = Chinese

Aye Yun = Japanese

Farang = White people

Yes I agree, but, when a westerner is listening to what a Thai persons actually says when they speak about these things, as opposed to what is the Bangkok Thai text book translation, readers would be best advised to pay attention to both our versions - the assumption being that the poster above who asked the question in the first place has very little understanding of the Thai language.

This happened to me about two years ago when I arrived in Patong when a flash flood came down. Mass amount of rain coming down in a short period of time, all the sewers clogged up. I was hiking with my full backpack to my room through mid city. 

Foreign holiday makers come to Thailand to have fun. If its drinking, shagging, adventuring or splashing in the rat shit infested waters, its OK!

Archived