Cat Adsl

fourbaht

Having decided to move hose at fairly short notice I went to TOT to see if I could get my ADSL package and or number transferred, the lady pulled out a wad of papers 2 inches thick and told me this was the waiting list as the nodes where I was moving to were full, estimate 3 months.

So I popped into CAT, (South Pattaya rd near the dodgy petrol station) they have a 2MB package 2600 baht a month, a little pang compared to TOT but I thought give it a go, it took less 5 minutes to sign up, the lady told me 3 weeks, however I explained I was moving within 5 days and so she gave me the chief engineers number, he was great, this was on a Friday, Tuesday they ran the line to the house Wednesday they cam to the new house and actually set up my PC and didn't leave until it was working.

I offered him some cash for sorting me quickly and he declined!! I am regularly getting speeds of over 1MBfor downloads.

Hats of to CAT

New house is on Thapaya Rd but I understand they have large areas of Pattaya covered at present, and are installing new cabling all the time.

Recommended!

CAT were offering a symetrical 2M/2M 'domestic' service for that price last year, can you check your uplink speed :o

We have the 'commercial' version 2M/2M in BKK office 7k per month, seems stable and quick.