Thai media sources with subtitles

gforsi

I am looking for video material (news, series) Thai dubbed AND subbed. I found this old thread:

However, the links in that thread mostly dead. Besides, that thread is almost 6 years old. There must be new resources of that kind, e.g. youtube etc.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find them. I am unable to find a solid news video site with thai subtitles.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just discovered the soap series Club Friday on Youtube. It has English subtitles (at least the 2 programs I checked had).

They talk so fast and pronounce so unclearly  it is hard to pick out individual words. But it's how Thai people speak conversationally. I can easily follow formal Thai in news programs (e.g Voice of America)  but this is a real challenge for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sugoi Japan or Sugoi Thailand

Travel series presented by a Thai-speaking Japanese guy. I find his pronunciation  easier to follow compared to a native speaker. 

I'm not a fan of the fonts used for the subtitles though 

Edited by Plotholes

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 1:39 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

I have just discovered the soap series Club Friday on Youtube. It has English subtitles (at least the 2 programs I checked had).

They talk so fast and pronounce so unclearly  it is hard to pick out individual words. But it's how Thai people speak conversationally. I can easily follow formal Thai in news programs (e.g Voice of America)  but this is a real challenge for me.

The club friday shows are exactly what I was looking for. "Difficult", but the typical day-to-day speed/pronounciation of thai people. 

• 2 weeks later...

A few others.

NHK have a daily 14-minute Thai-language news podcast for which they release a (Thai) transcript. It's NHK so you'll be listening to a lot of Japanese news. www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/th/ 

Some of the earlier episodes of เจาะข่าวตื้น (on youtube) were partially subtitled in English, though they gave that up pretty quickly. As a listening exercise, it's not the easiest material but it's very funny and always relevant to current affairs.

Thai PBS has a radio show called ห้องสมุดหลังไมค์ (at www.thaipbsradio.com/category/sbj5g9sswvfr/) - they broadcast serializations of novels in 50 minute slots so you can buy the original and read along or just listen. At the moment, I'm listening to โรงแรมผี as I do the gardening.

Thai Deaf TV (www.youtube.com/use/thaideaftv) has tons  of programmes available subbed in Thai.

Some of the GTH films have Thai subtitles and I think Hormones (high-school series which I never watched) was released with English subtitles (and I'm sure would be available somewhere on the internet.)