Suit Recomendations

magic

I see a lot of tailors in Bangkok... Don't know if most are worth the trouble.

I just need a black jacket / sports coat that won't fall apart.

Any recomendations as to a specific store you have had decent quality & a good price?

(bangkok)

Thanks guys,

:o

Go to Paragon Shopping Centre in Bangkok (Ploenchit Rd?).

Good department store selling branded items.

I bought a spiffy black suit (extra trousers) by Guy Laroche for 18,000 Bt. Will last a life-time.

that's funny, just read your message today, & yesterday - bought a great little jacket from Siam Paragon for about 13,000 baht, altered for 100 baht, ready in 1 week>

cool!

I have had suits made by 5 different tailors in bangkok.

The only one that is any good is James Fashion. they are located in Dusit District. I'm still wearing their suits after 4 years without any problems. I also had 5 shirts made there, and they have all stood the test of time, re: bangkok dry cleaners.

Where are the Indian taylors masquerading as customers raving on about how good their suits are. You know, the ones that say they bought a really great suit at blah-blahs and then give you the shops address, phone, fax, email and store contact, opening hours etc. :o

None of these "Taylors" actually make suits. They measure you up and then fax off the order to a Thai sweat shop outside of Bangkok who makes the suit for a few baht and then couriers it to the spiffy looking "Taylor" on Suk Rd.

So, as far as the quality of the suit goes, does it really matter who you give the 200% mark-up to?