Flying back to Thailand with valid retirement and re-entry stamp, any problem with one way ticket?

smo

The last time I entered Thailand was 2014, coming from HCM City and flying into BKK with a return ticket (back to HCMC) and no visa. As an American tourist, no problem there. After switching from tourist to retiree status, been living in BKK ever since,  

Fast forward to Sep 2016, I flew back to the US for a home visit. However, I extended my stay and ditched the return ticket to BKK. Now I'm ready to go back to Thailand, have bought a new one-way ticket and will fly out of LAX this coming Sat. This time I have my retirement stamp  good till May 2017 and a valid re-entry permit on my passport.

I just want to check with  other TV members and make sure that all is kosher at boarding time (flying with China Eastern), ie they are not going to ask for a return /onward ticket, etc. Thank you for your input.

Airline may not know what a re-entry permit is so you may indeed have boarding issues (I did using EVA years ago) but as long as you explain the re-entry is a visa boarding should be approved (but perhaps only after taking to a higher level).  

Thank you all for your inputs. That's what I thought too: have to point out to the folks at the counter my  retirement stamp with the validity date on it, and while we are at it the re-entry permit as well. The main thing is to assure them that I will be let in into Thailand all proper. A seasoned staff may be able to see that for him/herself.:signthaivisa:

The problem is the re-entry permit - staff have no way to know that actually acts as a visa.  It is not issued by a Consulate as a normal visa would be.  

I've had this issue before-- but only when I started my trip back to Thailand from a smaller US city, where the originating airline, isn't the same one that will carry me trans-PAC (ex. AA PVD-ORD, then JAL ORD-NRT-BKK) and and there is most likely a limited number of passengers who are traveling to Asia/Thailand using such permits/status..

I suspect if I were to start exclusively in somewhere like SFO/LAX or even HNL, that this wouldn't be an issue or would be uncommon.

The agent on PVD wasn't too sure about a re-entry permit or extension of stay.... but after some explaining it was resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect