Scary Farang Ghost

gemguy

This Morning, I get into the cab and explain to the driver which route to take and it turns out the driver lives in the general area of Sri Nakarin Road and Theparak Road ( South East Bangkok Area ) and tells me he knows the area well and the destination we are traveling towards .

Part way there, on the back roads, he says:  Excuse me sir but I want to ask you something about foreigners.

He then asks me if foreigners believe in Ghosts and Spirits ?

I tell him:  Some do, but most do not while many people like the scary Ghost and Vampire movies and the Mummy and Frankenstein movies ...like that. 

He then asks me if I know about the haunted apartment building, just up ahead and over there..."See the top of the building over there" and points it out, up ahead and off to the right of the direction we are traveling.

He tells me there is a ghost in that building and goes on to tell me it is the ghost or spirit of a foreigner who committed suicide by way of hanging himself in his apartment about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

He tells me that soon after the death of the foreigner people saw the ghost of the foreigner so eventually everyone moved out of the apartment building , about 40 rooms that were full at one time before they saw the ghost.

So I say: You mean "someone" said they saw a ghost and then told other people they saw a ghost and then everyone saw the ghost or knows someone who saw the ghost ..like that ..right???

He says:  Yeah, like that...many people saw the ghost so no one lives in that apartment building any more and no one will rent a room there any more and the whole neighbourhood knows there is a foreigner ghost haunting the apartment building.

So I say: Why is it that all Thai people believe in Ghosts and when they supposedly do see a Ghost they are always afraid of the ghost and believe it is a "bad" ghost or "evil" spirit, when maybe it is a good ghost and a friendly spirit and you should befriend the ghost rather than everyone run away.

He did not answer but laughed a little at my suggestion while I was surmising that what I had said or suggested is simply not logical concerning what is to be done about a ghost and how to react to a ghost.......when you see one that is...and in the mind of Thai people.....People that believe in Ghosts and Spirits.

Anyhow, it made me chuckle thinking about how a whole apartment building was said to be abandoned by all the Thai residents because of their superstitions and their belief in Ghosts and Spirits because "some" of the residents claim ( Swear to Buddha ) they saw a ghost and a foreigner Ghost at that..... for added effect...lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Ghosts the bogey man,  god ,elves, pixies, spirits, all nonsense with no evidence, unfortunately some  humans are to weak to sit and rationalise this  fact that there is  no evidence and choose to "believe" something and so the nonsense continues.

On top of that the human brain is open to persuasion and  can easily be fooled.......which can be proved

1 hour ago, mick220675 said:

There are ghosts ever ware at the moment, our village is plagued by three ghosts on a motorbike its becoming quite a problem.

Yeah.......like any Thai person can start a Ghost story and all too many of the Thais will respond to it and say they also have seen a ghost at one time or another or know other people who have seen a ghost while the rumour mill goes around and around while more people claim they saw those ghosts also....

Maybe in a dream, which is more plausible ..but still they will argue they saw a ghost and be adamant about seeing a ghost and seemingly NO one disputes it rather they all want to know the details and what did YOU do when you saw the ghost. ...lol

Cheers

The wife's uncle died in a small Isaan village. He lived down a very dark dirt path. A few days after he died the drinking was still going on which I was partaking. The one son shows a picture of him taken recently and it showed very vividly a pair of skeletal hands on his shoulder as if his dead father was standing beside him. Think what you may........is it possible.....

One villager swore the dead uncle came to his house and asked why he had gone home so soon after the party.....

During my drinking I had to wiss in the woods, when I returned I went under the house and knocked under the flooring. This was still talked about days after.

• 2 weeks later...

My in laws are always seeing ghosts in and around their house. They don't drink and are pretty level headed people in other areas of their life so not sure what to make of it. I'm not a believer in ghosts or spirits and just chalk it up to the delusional power of a conditioned mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect