Extension based on Marriage moved to Promenada?

bloody tiger

• 6 months later...

I did mine last month- I had to go to Promenada for the paperwork, and to the old office near the airport (where the 'investigations' office is situated) to have the Thai person who vouched for me in the home interview sign their statement once it had been prepared.  This was for an initial marriage visa- as I understand it, subsequent extensions will be much easier, and will likely all be done at Promenada as (from what I was told) I won't have to do another home interview.

Edited by flare

28 minutes ago, flare said:

I did mine last month- I had to go to Promenada for the paperwork, and to the old office near the airport (where the 'investigations' office is situated) to have the Thai person who vouched for me in the home interview sign their statement once it had been prepared.  This was for an initial marriage visa- as I understand it, subsequent extensions will be much easier, and will likely all be done at Promenada as (from what I was told) I won't have to do another home interview.

Could you tell me alittle more about the home interview?How much time passed by till they came to your house,do they make an appointment or just show off,waht kind of questions etc?Did you run into any problems while applying for the extension...i have to decide this week if i go with an agency(pretty expensive and not sure if i need them?) or do it on my own.What would you suggest? lots of questions.Thx in advance

I used an agency.  About a month passed between the initial application and the interview- three officials (in special 'investigation' uniforms) came to the house (they gave less than 30 minutes notice, but we were told to expect this), talked mostly to my wife, and then asked to talk to a neighbor about me (mostly general stuff, like about my conduct or if she had ever seen me do anything illegal- we had told the neighbor in advance that this was going to happen).  The whole meeting took about 20 minutes.  We were told to come to their office (near the airport) the next day with the neighbor, who had to sign the interview paperwork they had prepared (this took less than ten minutes and we were done).

There were no problems at all- it was just a bit of a wait to get everything settled.  I had to go to Promenada twice for the application process, and it took about two months to get the final approval and one-year extension.  

There was quite a lot of paperwork involved, but the agent handled all of it, so I can't give specifics of what was needed (I was lazy and let my wife do most of the legwork expected from my end;)).

Edited by flare