Beijing will 'take off the gloves' if Trump continues on Taiwan- China Daily

webfact

47 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Hello.
I certainly do not suggest a military confrontation.  I'm just trying to say, that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton talked tough against China, but they did zero concrete action. Having American military ships sailing close to the Chinese islands in the South China Sea was ridiculous and useless. It achieved nothing.

I'm not actually a massive supporter of imposing 45% taxes on the Chinese imports. But, I massively respect Trump for "talking tough and dishing out some real action". I dislike people who talk tough and do nothing. They're called a bunch of _@____  in Britain. All mouth and no action.

I am curious about what action Trump has taken against China?   We'll have to see how he does, up to now, he has been only good at talking tough with those at a distinct disadvantage.   

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

But, I massively respect Trump for "talking tough and dishing out some real action". I dislike people who talk tough and do nothing. They're called a bunch of _@____  in Britain. All mouth and no action.

I agree on your first part however regarding your statement above, would you not also agree that so far Trump is also all mouth and no action and everything up to now is the same old 'posturing'. He talks tough on Russia the last few days because he has had to,  but actually he is a cat in Putins lap. Trump will do absolutely nothing that will harm his little empire (Trump property development), and he will likely talk tough now and then go to China and stroke the dragon and make them feel like everything is great and he will relent and back down, so that his 3 little piggies will reap the extra rewards on the business he has already declared he is going to go back to after his Presidency.

Trump threatens most people that criticise him with litigation, the same people feel almost relieved and thankful when those law suits do not appear. Trump is doing the same thing with China (and Russia) he will threaten all manner of dreadful consequences and then back down so that China feels 'relieved' and very 'grateful'. He will then reap the personal benefits. You watch.

Edited by Andaman Al

18 hours ago, smedly said:

like what - an iphone

please give examples of the cheap stuff that Americans want

Perhaps you should think it through before you even answer with such a silly reply -

You won't believe how many Apple products such as laptops and computers are use in schools for education too.

Examples include normal daily goods you find in Walmart, Meijer, Target, Publix, etc

Stuff like clothes hangers, plates, furniture, electronic goods such as computers, fans, books, light bulbs etc

Just think, a lot of the education supplies students buy are made in china! 

This is a quote from a another site regarding to food 

" China is responsible for 90 percent of the vitamin (C) consumed by Americans, 78 percent of the tilapia, 70 percent of the apple juice, 50 percent of the cod, 43 percent of the processed mushrooms and 23 percent of the garlic. "

Don't even get me started on construction material which will make home ownership more expensive too...

Not to mention parts that American companies import from China but are assembled in the USA hence able to carry a "Made in USA" tag.

These are not stuff Americans want, but NEED! 

Edited by mike324

On 1/17/2017 at 9:24 AM, Banana7 said:

USA dictates freedom, democracy, equality, independence and justice for all. You'll have none that with China and its dictators.

Go visit/live in China and publicly say anything negative or critical about  Chinese leadership or the communist party - you'll disappear forever.

I was in China for 3 months, horrible people in all aspects!

On 1/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Banana7 said:

USA dictates freedom, democracy, equality, independence and justice for all. You'll have none that with China and its dictators.

Go visit/live in China and publicly say anything negative or critical about  Chinese leadership or the communist party - you'll disappear forever.

Nonesense.  I do live in China and I can assure you that everybody criticizes the party  but, as you say, not publicly.  However, having said that, and without having any statistical proof I would still like to know how many people over there have also magically disappeared after criticizing the government.  There was one web page that listed just how many have disappeared in the last few years but unfortunately I no longer have the address.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:28 AM, smedly said:

First of all China is already bullying countries in SEA and setting up strategic military positions in the South China Sea warning off everyone and everything that interferes with their operations, so the gloves are already well and truly off and have been for some time.

China needs its arrogant wings clipped

....China needs its arrogant wings clipped...

Ooooo love that talk. Grew up with it!! You know...Duck&Cover....."Mutual Assured Destruction," "Evil Empire,"  "Commie Hordes"   etc etc. Let's not deprive our kids of that wonderful excitement we all grew up with, wondering if that plane they hear is delivering the Big One!!! Not to mention all those arms industry jobs we'll kiss goodbye if  we listen to those pinko,  libtard, hippie peaceniks