Compute Repairs In Pattaya

Ploughboy

I'd be astounded if you could find some where repairing hard drives in Pattaya.

There are plenty of places that could replace the hard drive for you,

for example Tuk Com on South Pattaya road.

Wattana computers on Central Pattaya road and DCO computers near to Carefour.

If you go to Tukcom 3rd (maybe 4th) floor come out elevator turn left, walk across then left again got to the corner stall on the right hand side, and ask for GHE (sounds like Gay) Tall Thai guy with pony tail, he will do it, his stall is always busy, I have used him to replace my laptop hard disc, he put some software on it for Free.

he will give you support if you have any prob's, i go back now and again with other queries, he will help you out for anything

Depends on size of disc 80 gb 3000 baht for example

Edited by bolt

"repairing a harddrive"

that is mechanically broken is never done as it would be too costly. there are companies who save valuable data from broken drives but even then the cost goes into hundreds of dollars for a few gigabytes. but you'll find a company like this definitely NOT in Pattaya.

I use Liberty Computers which is situated in Soi329/17 2nd Road, which is next to the Issuzi dealership just before the pattaya klang junction. It is run by two english guys, their prices are psoted at reception so you know where you are before you commit yourself and they will look at the problem and give you an estimate. They can be contacted on 038 720 920 or [email protected]

I cannot recommend them enough and thye will also rescue your files if possible. Its worth a call.

http://pattaya2u.com/ check out this shop on the computer floor at Tuk. Reliable, inexpensive, and knowledgeable with excellent English. They give you a free cold drink while they take your order. They have solved and answered my problems for free on the spot.

Liberty is well known and knowledgeable but more expensive.

Wattana is overrated. They have a reputation for slow service. You'll see how disorganized it is once you get there. End of story.

Edited by PATTAYAPUNTER

Do not ever bring a printer or whatever with consumables to the IT center repair center.

They are notorious for replacing your full cartridges with almost empty ones...

I brought in a colour laserprinter there for repair (defective usb port, repaired under warranty).

I brought it in with about 1000 prints on the clock, got it back, double checked the tonercartridges, which were OK. After about 100 prints more the printer stopped with the message that the photoconductor had to be replaced...

Should last around 15000 prints and costs a whopping 15,000 Baht!!!

So they left the toner cartrdges alone, but replaced my 7% used photoconductor with a 99% used one :o

Contacted Epson directly (who repaired the printer) and they seem to be well aware of the problem with IT center. They recommended I call their hotline/service center directly in case of any more repairs needed!

Do not ever bring a printer or whatever with consumables to the IT center repair center.

They are notorious for replacing your full cartridges with almost empty ones...

I brought in a colour laserprinter there for repair (defective usb port, repaired under warranty).

I brought it in with about 1000 prints on the clock, got it back, double checked the tonercartridges, which were OK. After about 100 prints more the printer stopped with the message that the photoconductor had to be replaced...

Should last around 15000 prints and costs a whopping 15,000 Baht!!!

So they left the toner cartrdges alone, but replaced my 7% used photoconductor with a 99% used one :D

Contacted Epson directly (who repaired the printer) and they seem to be well aware of the problem with IT center. They recommended I call their hotline/service center directly in case of any more repairs needed!

Thailand, you will get what you wont but not how you wont it. :o

I would take my computer to Tutkom

DCO will repair a hard drive, build you a computer or anything you want at ridiculously low prices.

Owner is crippled from birth and in a wheelchair. Was abandoned by his parents and brought up in an orphanage. Now has a business a wife and children. Now how hard was that in Thailand?

http://www.dco.co.th/information.php?info_id=6

His name is Narong - and he doesn't own the shop - he works for a farang owner, although he probably shares in the profit.

He is very good, speaks good English, and I reckon he is the cheapest anywhere.

I got him down to the kid's mission to put in an area network for the office there. He could only go early mornings (before the shop opens), and he's done the job and only charged for the cable and a network card (under 2K). All labour his was free, and he even donated a spare computer for the kids.

And don't forget this guy has no legs!! (he also drives his own pickup).

If you need anything fixed, or want a good new computer (he built a great one for me). please give him a try - you won't regret it and this is one guy in Pattaya who deserves our support.

BTW the link will tell you but his place is on the right as you go down Pattaya Klang from Sukhumvit, in a row of shops , set back from the main road, just before Carrefour. You can usually park right outside, or you can walk from Carrefour.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

If you go to Tukcom 3rd (maybe 4th) floor come out elevator turn left, walk across then left again got to the corner stall on the right hand side, and ask for GHE (sounds like Gay) Tall Thai guy with pony tail, he will do it, his stall is always busy, I have used him to replace my laptop hard disc, he put some software on it for Free.

he will give you support if you have any prob's, i go back now and again with other queries, he will help you out for anything

Depends on size of disc 80 gb 3000 baht for example

I've used the same guy a number of times. It's the first guy that I've used anywhere in Thailand, so I don't have anyone to compare him with, but he seems to do good work at a good price.

It's a good shop to buy computers and parts from too....I bought a 19" LCD screen at a good price. They can equal and better most prices and seem to go out of their way to offer good customer service. I've no doubt that if you bought something from there and you had a problem, they would make good with their waranty. As soon as you go in there, they offer you a bottle of soda.