U.S. protest group vows to disrupt Trump inaugural festivities

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's right. trump DID lose the popular vote by about THREE MILLION votes. He just squeaked by on some VERY THIN margins in some surprise states. He has no mandate and since election he has become even more unpopular. 

The contest was never about the largest number of votes nationwide.  As one poster said in another thread, you're accusing Trump of losing a race that never existed, that he never participated in. 

Your argument is similar to the situation where one team wins the Super Bowl and the fans of the other team say, "but we got more yardage."  Means nothing.

Edited by mesquite

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's right. trump DID lose the popular vote by about THREE MILLION votes. He just squeaked by on some VERY THIN margins in some surprise states. He has no mandate and since election he has become even more unpopular. 

Jezzz, will you ever let it go. He won the game by the rules. If the rules were different, he would have changed his strategy and won that too.

Lets also remember he won despite the odds being stacked against him, and with a fraction of the budget.

What a great day! You better get off to your safe space.

Hopefully these boys and the police will put the fragile little snowflakes in their place.

Hmmm, a nod to brown shirt movements. It is little wonder that reasonable people are protesting the rise of Trump d'III and the people who support him.

Happy Trails

7 minutes ago, Johpa said:

Hmmm, a nod to brown shirt movements. It is little wonder that reasonable people are protesting the rise of Trump d'III and the people who support him.

Happy Trails

Your definition of reasonable people is obviously different than mine. To each his/her own.

41 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

Jezzz, will you ever let it go. He won the game by the rules. If the rules were different, he would have changed his strategy and won that too.

Lets also remember he won despite the odds being stacked against him, and with a fraction of the budget.

What a great day! You better get off to your safe space.

Tell that to the bloated bag of wind who will be inaugurated today. I started watching his pre-inaugural dinner speech this morning and what did this fool do? This ridiculous, self serving, vainglorious blowhard? He prattled on about his election victory and all the red counties on the map.

For those who missed it and can access the UK Daily Mail it is reported here:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4138828/Trump-savors-election-win-donors.htm

No doubt other reports on this latest verbal buffoonery will be filed shortly

Such self serving nonsense from someone who reportedly will be giving an inaugural address to call the nation together. A call that he has already given in pre-inauguration day comments..

That is the normal process. This guy is not normal. He is dangerously abnormal.

Why would this idiot that you lot voted into power constantly talk about his victory, months after the event and during a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power from one President to the next? Because like all bullies and blowhards, there is nothing behind the facade. He knows this and he is extremely frightened of his lack of legitimacy being exposed. Hence his irrational reaction to the popular vote issue. Hence his preoccupation with 'selling' his inauguration as the bigliest event in the history of the world.

Time to get over it. Time to stop the fantasy that donald would have won any and every scenario. There was a unique coincidence of events that led to donald's unlikely and woe-begotten election. You may continue your infantile and fantastical glee but people who actually know about the electoral process reject your silly claims. Why else is donald so intent on maintaining and marketing this self image.

This emperor has no clothes.

Edited by Tawan Dok Krating Daeng

3 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Tell that to the bloated bag of wind who will be inaugurated today. I started watching his pre-inaugural dinner speech this morning and what did this fool do? This ridiculous, self serving, vainglorious blowhard? He prattled on about his election victory and all the red counties on the map. This from someone who reportedly will be giving an inaugural address to call the nation together. A call that he has already given in pre-inauguration day comments.

Why would this idiot that you lot voted into power constantly talk about his victory, months after the event and during a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power from one President to the next? Because like all bullies and blowhards, there is nothing behind the facade. He knows this and he is extremely frightened of his lack of legitimacy being exposed. Hence his irrational reaction to the popular vote issue. Hence his preoccupation with 'selling' his inauguration as the bigliest event in the history of the world.

Time to get over it. Time to stop the fantasy that donald would have won any and every scenario. There was a unique coincidence of events that led to donald's unlikely and woe-begotten election. You may continue your infantile and fantastical glee but people who actually know about the electoral process reject your silly claims. Why else is donald so intent on maintaining and marketing this self image.

You are delusional, but hey up to you! 

35 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Tell that to the bloated bag of wind who will be inaugurated today. I started watching his pre-inaugural dinner speech this morning and what did this fool do? This ridiculous, self serving, vainglorious blowhard? He prattled on about his election victory and all the red counties on the map.

Such self serving nonsense from someone who reportedly will be giving an inaugural address to call the nation together. A call that he has already given in pre-inauguration day comments..

When all is said and done, Trump won. All the rest is irrelevant. I'm aware of Donald's weaknesses. Just couldn't stomach Billary. 

4 minutes ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Masterfully eloquent riposte as expected from a Trump fanboy.

I will certainly give it the attention it deserves.

Good idea. I have taken to giving the loony lefts the attention they deserve (very little).

Edited by kevkev1888

16 minutes ago, Vegetablebottom said:

When all is said and done, Trump won. All the rest is irrelevant. I'm aware of Donald's weaknesses. Just couldn't stomach Billary. 

Yes. An protest, opposition and resistance is legitimate for those who cannot stomach donald.

The Cult of Personality. The cheap slogans. The vainglory. Resistance to this is legitimate.

2 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

As opposed to the aging "it's my turn at the trough at last" Hilary you mean.

Hardly good choices which probable explains why 47-48% of the electorate chose not to vote.

What is though about parties who have the word "democrat" in their title, and are usually anything but. Never accept a result unless it happens to be one that favors them. Otherwise, call the street thugs out.

2 hours ago, Johpa said:

Happy Trails

Hope the DNC don't let any of Hilary's Saudi or German sponsors send their boy's over to help the protesters.

29 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But Hilary would've been 555!

Yes, she would've represented more of a status quo choice. Which is largely (in addition to Russian meddling) why she lost. But people went with a crazy kind of risk electing the demagogue trump. 

From the OP

"His supporters admire Trump's experience in business, including as a real estate developer and reality television star, and view him as a brash problem-solver."

Rubbish.

Trump supporters either supported his stance on immigrants, Mexico, Obamacare etc or wanted to keep her out. I doubt many at his rallies know much if anything about his business experience.

I hope the snowflakes get a short sharp reminder of reality if they actually try and stop people getting to the venue.

I don't even know what they hope to achieve. IMO the ones "leading" the protests have no idea either,  but they just can't get used to the idea that "democracy" won this one for someone they don't like, so they have to go out and behave like spoiled brats.

BTW, all those protesters didn't get there for free, and most of them look like they aren't working, so I wonder who is paying to get them there?

Anyway, with a bit of luck, there'll be U Tube vdos to show the snowflakes getting said dose of reality. Should be entertaining.

16 hours ago, mike324 said:

The Republicans are curbing the Ethics Office, what do people expect! Go figure why the Republicans are so afraid of the Ethics Office.

Heck Trump even still hasn't reveal his tax returns, and in the newest interviews with reporters he still claims he can't reveal it, and that people don't care.

Once the Ethics Office is curbed, the congress can stop any investigation on itself. Can Trump supporters here explain why people shouldn't be protesting against Trump and the Republicans?

Protest away. It won't change ANYTHING. :cheesy:

About his tax returns- no, supporters don't care that he didn't reveal them. They just want him sweeping Obama's "legacy" into history asap.

18 hours ago, DM07 said:

YOUR president will get to work on Monday! His words, not mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

President of the USA and all citizens therein, whether they agree or not. Of course, if they really feel so strongly, they can give up US citizenship. I understand Canada has lots of space and a truly loonie lefty PM. The snowflakes should feel right at home there.

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Protest away. It won't change ANYTHING. :cheesy:

About his tax returns- no, supporters don't care that he didn't reveal them. They just want him sweeping Obama's "legacy" into history asap.

It won't change anything at least people are expressing their anger and frustration and making their voice heard.

Supporters don't care...even you admit it, this is exactly whats wrong with the American society and why politicians continue to be corrupt with supporters who think the same way. Perhaps have a meaningful debate in trying defending why its good that Trump and Republicans want to do away with the Ethics Office? Why Trump has continue to lied that he can't reveal his tax return?  

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, she would've represented more of a status quo choice. Which is largely (in addition to Russian meddling) why she lost. But people went with a crazy kind of risk electing the demagogue trump. 

But people were fed up with the status quo, and the select chosen ones that the status quo benefited. 

The security services, from what I read, assert (assume) it was Russia who hacked and passed on info to Assange who released it. Of course it may have been someone else or multiple sources, however less convenient.  I read they also said this didn't affect the election.

I agree that Hilary lost because her policies were not perceived as delivering the changes people wanted. Some may have found her complacency somewhat arrogant whilst others probably genuinely didn't like the lying and cheating and glib way it was trying to be swept under the carpet.

Now we shall see how Trump turns out.

4 minutes ago, mike324 said:

It won't change anything at least people are expressing their anger and frustration and making their voice heard.

Supporters don't care...even you admit it, this is exactly whats wrong with the American society and why politicians continue to be corrupt with supporters who think the same way. Perhaps have a meaningful debate in trying defending why its good that Trump and Republicans want to do away with the Ethics Office? Why Trump has continue to lied that he can't reveal his tax return?  

Don't try and make me say that supporters don't care about anything- I said no such thing.

Trump supporters care very much that his policies are enacted and that she wasn't elected. What they don't care about is the taxes and all the other irrelevant BS that the lefties keep bringing up about Trump.

Just because you disagree with Trump doesn't make American society wrong. It's called democracy.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

President of the USA and all citizens therein, whether they agree or not. Of course, if they really feel so strongly, they can give up US citizenship. I understand Canada has lots of space and a truly loonie lefty PM. The snowflakes should feel right at home there.

First of all: if I don't vote for someone, he is not my president!

End of!

Second: Canada....way less gun- deaths, universal health care, happiness -index way higher than in the USA...sounds like a pretty 5h1tty place, huh?!

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't try and make me say that supporters don't care about anything- I said no such thing.

Trump supporters care very much that his policies are enacted and that she wasn't elected. What they don't care about is the taxes and all the other irrelevant BS that the lefties keep bringing up about Trump.

Just because you disagree with Trump doesn't make American society wrong. It's called democracy.

I was on the topic of taxes and ethics. Never try to put words in your mouth, just rephrasing that you admit Trump supporters don't care if he release his taxes. Nothing about "don't care about anything".

I never said the American society is wrong, don't get ahead of yourself now. All I am saying is its wrong for Republican to try to curb the Ethics Office.

I would like your view on this issue. Who does that? Only crooks and criminals and those with something to hide would do something like that. Right now the Ethic Office is an independent unit, the Republicans are curbing its powers so that if there is any investigation, the congress can shoot it down and prevent it from going forward. They are also denying the Ethic Office from making public statements! Why are the Republicans so scared?

This is not irrelevant BS. I didn't know holding politicians accountable or have conflict of interest would be consider as BS. Its also call democracy for people who wish to express their opposing views buddy. 

4 hours ago, Tawan Dok Krating Daeng said:

Yes. An protest, opposition and resistance is legitimate for those who cannot stomach donald.

The Cult of Personality. The cheap slogans. The vainglory. Resistance to this is legitimate.

I'm not one to be critical,  but this is so poorly written and nonsensical that it has to be dismissed. You need to write complete sentences to be considered. Is English not your first language? If not, no worries. If so, I'm astonished.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:39 AM, Pimay1 said:

Hopefully these boys and the police will put the fragile little snowflakes in their place.

On 1/19/2017 at 3:34 PM, oilinki said:

These guys are ready 

image_update_img.jpg

22 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

These guys must be subjected to pre-emptive arrest and detention for disturbing the peace and obstructing government business. 

Oh dear - some deeply disturbing parallels with 1930s Germany.

Mind you the tailoring and haircuts were a tad sharper then....

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump supporters care very much that his policies are enacted and that she wasn't elected. What they don't care about is the taxes and all the other irrelevant BS

It's bs and irrelevant that the new potus doesn't believe in America enough to pay taxes like normal Americans?

Are Trump supporters really that gullible and stupid?

ps

You're not getting a wall.

Muslims will not be banned from America.

There will be no 30% tax on Chinese imports.

Hilary is not going to jail.

Obamas health care will not be scrapped.

The deal with Iran will remain.

The swamp will not be drained, instead more water will be added so more predators can feed.

America will not be great again, in fact America is about get much worse.

Edited by onthesoi

Well, I didn't go to the inauguration (well I wasn't asked actually:smile:).

I hope that it keeps fine, wouldn't want any showers to spoil things....

Chr*st on a bicycle, what have you gone and done America?

Edited by JAG